What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Soldato
Done over the last few weeks as spare time has allowed, refurbed my Grandmas old bench, used Accoya wood and brass fixings.
PXL_20240531_123051528.jpg

PXL_20240615_120417114.jpg

Get those screwheads all going the same way :p

Caporegime
Been trying the Lickpro emulsion and satinwood as it's on offer at screwfix and been impressed so far. Window dressed up and room painted white, just need to paint the accent wall, pin some skirting to the walls and pick a carpet.

Bulk of painting done, put two coats of paint on the skirting with it on a bench to save my poor back and started to glue/pin it down. Carpet will be fitted in a couple of weeks then I can order my PAX corner combo and a bed.

Associate
Has anyone fiddled Wickes TradePro? Seems outrageous tradies are getting a discount I need too :)

Wickes, TS, SF and others are really keen on this 'trade' type account and app that only works if you agree to their data mining and tracking. For the small discount I'll pass (worked in software dev/arch for years so I know the real implications)

Soldato
Done over the last few weeks as spare time has allowed, refurbed my Grandmas old bench, used Accoya wood and brass fixings.
PXL_20240531_123051528.jpg

PXL_20240615_120417114.jpg

Very nice, are you going to treat or paint the wood?

I recently finished a garden bench in Ronseal Fence Life Plus+ in "warm stone" and it turned out quite nice. It might be a bit boring for your granny's bench if you are keeping the metalwork white (or is it still primer?).

Soldato
I finished the wiring of the humidistat in the ensuite and tested it. A few oddities - at first the fan didn't come on so metered it and it had the full 240Vac. Didn't think I'd need to wire in the Switched Live as well as it's supply; so put in a link between it and the supply and it's now working.

The other oddity was when the light switch is turned off, the new LED light fitting in the ensuite stays on albeit very dim. Checked my wiring, all okay, metered the voltage to the light with the light switch off and there's 52Vac present :confused:. Turns out the light switch is duff and doesn't actually break the circuit completely. This is the second light switch I've had to replace recently as one was crackling from the arcing in it's internal contacts.

Caporegime
I finished the wiring of the humidistat in the ensuite and tested it. A few oddities - at first the fan didn't come on so metered it and it had the full 240Vac. Didn't think I'd need to wire in the Switched Live as well as it's supply; so put in a link between it and the supply and it's now working.

The other oddity was when the light switch is turned off, the new LED light fitting in the ensuite stays on albeit very dim. Checked my wiring, all okay, metered the voltage to the light with the light switch off and there's 52Vac present :confused:. Turns out the light switch is duff and doesn't actually break the circuit completely. This is the second light switch I've had to replace recently as one was crackling from the arcing in it's internal contacts.
Are humidistats really the way to go with bathrooms? What if it's just to freshen the air after someone's used the toilet, presumably it wouldn't come on?

I'm open to them but normally install so the fan comes on with the lights on an overrun timer, but can also be turned off with a switch.

Back
Top Bottom