What "man jobs" have you done today?

Are humidistats really the way to go with bathrooms? What if it's just to freshen the air after someone's used the toilet, presumably it wouldn't come on?

I'm open to them but normally install so the fan comes on with the lights on an overrun timer, but can also be turned off with a switch.

My home came fitted with both - it has its own separate switch beside the light switch to turn the fan on by itself (with an over-run timer) however, if you don't turn it on, the humidistat will turn the fan on when the humidity reaches a certain level.

And best one was setting up the trail camera to try and catch what is digging up the front grass - suspect it's a badger

Well woke up to more holes in the front lawn

IMG20240618081913.jpg

Right in front of the camera

IMG20240618081918.jpg

As suspected

:D

Last edited:
What trail camera is that ?

I don't know much about them but I've been thinking about getting one. Love the quaility of that.

Thanks and it was this one - very happy with it :)

WOLFANG Wildlife Camera, 36MP 2K Trail Camera with 38pcs 940nm No Glow IR LEDs Night Vision Motion Activated Hunting Camera IP66 Waterproof Game Camera for Wildlife Monitoring https://amzn.eu/d/i4saBC4

Thanks and it was this one - very happy with it :)

WOLFANG Wildlife Camera, 36MP 2K Trail Camera with 38pcs 940nm No Glow IR LEDs Night Vision Motion Activated Hunting Camera IP66 Waterproof Game Camera for Wildlife Monitoring https://amzn.eu/d/i4saBC4

Bought very similar in 2018, which was going to be hooked up to a battery and solar panel and fixed to the chimney for a few months to take timelapse of the day/night.

Might get around to doing so soon :cry:

Second clump of bamboo, this one was much bigger than the first and had started spreading. Stopped myself short of buying an SDS and chisel and used some spade bits. Dewalt 1, bamboo 0.

IgrWY60.jpeg

7RDCR96.jpeg

Still a bit of work left as there’s some deep roots but the end is in sight.

Very nice, are you going to treat or paint the wood?

I recently finished a garden bench in Ronseal Fence Life Plus+ in "warm stone" and it turned out quite nice. It might be a bit boring for your granny's bench if you are keeping the metalwork white (or is it still primer?).
I was going to leave the wood plain, with it being accoya it should stand up to the elements, so I think...haven't used it before so any tips are welcome! The metalwork is staying white.
Looks great - where did you get the material from? I have a bench, 2 chairs and a table to do at some point!
Timbercut4u - found by a google search, delivered on time and its bang on the dimensions i ordered. Even got a free piece :D

Used this:

Epzvm70.jpeg

To prune a load of branches and remove the half dying hedge at the front of the house.

From the doorbell camera as I didn’t take photos.

Before:

sVDbFUR.jpeg

After:

eREg42l.jpeg

One of the best tools I’ve bought. £116 on eBay with a code and brand new.

Need to think of something to do at the front instead, we are thinking a nice fence plus flower bed behind.

Few meetings canceled today and was so sunny it seemed rude not to get outside and chop a few more logs ....

1000071944-01.jpg

All shapes and sizes

1000071946-01.jpg

1000071948-02.jpg

Got the vast majority now cut into ~30cm lengths

1000071957-01.jpg

Just these seven big berthas to have a giant over the next few days

1000071954-01.jpg

Another barrow of chippings for the garden :D

1000071953-01.jpg

Seeing the logs and thinking, you must get some cracking spiders in there, reminds me yesterday, while fixing the 360 camera in place a big funnel web spider came out of its hole and tried to have a go at my hand :eek::eek:
Now, I've met many of the wonders Columbia can produce, including the head job the Wanderer, but seeing this, while 3.5m up a ladder nearly gave me a bloody heart attack :cry::cry:

Do you have the false widow there?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom