What "man jobs" have you done today?

Cut the back hedge

1000081514-01.jpg

Then cut the grass, more to pick up the hedge trimmings than anything else

1000081518-01.jpg

Last edited:
Guys - I need to glue the strip lights back to the shed. It is tanalised wood - I used a hot glue gun last time and it basically burnt my fingers off. Is there a decent glue that will behave in a similar way?

Guys - I need to glue the strip lights back to the shed. It is tanalised wood - I used a hot glue gun last time and it basically burnt my fingers off. Is there a decent glue that will behave in a similar way?
Depends what you mean by similar way?

Nothing is as removable as hot glue - you can literally just peel it off in most cases.
A 2 part epoxy is probably the closest thing, in that it fills gaps, you can build it up, and it is physically removable in most cases (although a pain)

Depends what you mean by similar way?

Nothing is as removable as hot glue - you can literally just peel it off in most cases.
A 2 part epoxy is probably the closest thing, in that it fills gaps, you can build it up, and it is physically removable in most cases (although a pain)
defo true this wit hot glue
in fact if you use it somewhere too hot it can just go soft and let go
its very temporary
why people use it on circuit boards and things too ! :)

It turns out our council have run power for the downstairs wet room extractor (persistent live) off the lighting circuit, which Dad says was shockingly lazy and bad form, but absolutely in character for some of the cowboys we get sent :rolleyes:
Not sure what I'm missing, but what's wrong with that?

Extractor fans often need permanent lives to allow them to overrun after the light is turned off, and a lighting circuit is a perfectly valid place to grab a permanent live from.

Extractor fans often need permanent lives to allow them to overrun after the light is turned off, and a lighting circuit is a perfectly valid place to grab a permanent live from.
Nothing wrong with it, in fact it’s meant to be like that.

Extractors are switched with lights, they need to be on the same circuit otherwise you’ll get crossed live wires which is dangerous, particularly when a lighting circuit will only be 6A and a ring main could be at 32A.

I'm not a sparky (Dad is), but it wasn't the fact that the extractor fan was connected to the permanent live, but the way it was disconnected then reconnected, causing the light to be on permanently.

He got it sorted in the end, but wasn't impressed with the dangerous standard of work (his words).

I'm not a sparky (Dad is), but it wasn't the fact that the extractor fan was connected to the permanent live, but the way it was disconnected then reconnected, causing the light to be on permanently.

He got it sorted in the end, but wasn't impressed with the dangerous standard of work (his words).
That’s quite a bit different to what you originally posted, hence why we questioned the statement. :p

Spent part of the morning cleaning two bedroom opening windows.
Not the glass but the window frame and window opening - There was a lot of black stuff all round frame and the window itself.
So cleaned those up and then sprayed all locking bars and stuff with silicon spray as suggested in my post above.
I can now open them with one hand.

Back
Top Bottom