What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
My missus has been moaning about having to do the food shop for weeks now so I've told her I'll do it. 6 weeks in and I make it back with the whole shop within an hour. It used to take her over 2....

Now that's a man job if ever there was one! :D
Now let's see you cook it all! :p

Currently in the middle of clearing out the DIY waste we've not sorted all year. Got about 20-30m of removed skirting I've realised we won't reuse, loads of carpet grab strips and rubble from chasing/plastering. After all this goes to the dump I'm having a huge tool tidy, which should then leave some rooms clear for new DIY tasks!

Soldato

Currently in the middle of clearing out the DIY waste we've not sorted all year. Got about 20-30m of removed skirting I've realised we won't reuse, loads of carpet grab strips and rubble from chasing/plastering. After all this goes to the dump I'm having a huge tool tidy, which should then leave some rooms clear for new DIY tasks!
I do all the food shopping and the cooking in our house……my Mrs does the cleaning, works for us.

Soldato

I'm still at work at dinner time but I cook weekends

Soldato
Cleared the skirting, rubble, lino and odd bits from the house and visited dump. It was bustling! Apparently it's a place to bring your kids :p

I do all the food shopping and the cooking in our house……my Mrs does the cleaning, works for us.
We have the opposite split. I can cook well, but she's more creative and motivated so she's in charge of kitchen business really. I'm more stringent about cleaning and routines :o

Associate
Ripped the old kitchen out and took up the terribly fitted fake tiles from the floor. Going to be a lot of cleaning required as there has deffintely been a number of leaks in the past judging from the mold on the walls. Might even have to redo all the pipe work. Also got to decide how to get the oven and hob cable into a new isolator which is going to be on the bottom row of cabinets. The isolator is currently at head height. Guess it's going to have to be chased in and buried in the wall.

Soldato
Up and a (relatively) early start

IMG20230528083638.jpg

Got the saw horse set up with the intention of cutting the last timber delivery into 12" lengths / rounds

IMG20230528094420.jpg

Also tried standing the saw horse in an old builders bag to try and catch most the chippings ...

IMG20230528094706.jpg

First time using the DeWalt battery chainsaw and am very impressed just needed to watch the oil level as she's quite thirsty and does chew through batteries if cutting larger pieces

Had the maul and axe out to mix it up a bit and any "down time" between charges

IMG20230528102057.jpg

Took a good 6 hours or so to cut them all up and load into the new store (wanted to tidy the area up) even though I'll have to lug them all out again to split ..

IMG20230528142551.jpg

They are 3 rounds / lengths deep so a fair old stock

There were a few gnarly pieces and a few large rounds I put into the smaller store

IMG20230528145011.jpg

The last of the seasoned stuff on the top shelf.

Other large store is rammed and the splits drying nicely

IMG20230528142534.jpg

Decent amount of wood chip from the session

IMG20230528140654.jpg

Put It in the "woodland" area in the back garden

IMG20230528140841.jpg

IMG20230528140851.jpg

Had a good sweep and tidy up where they had been stored / processed

IMG20230528145559.jpg

That's it for today :p

Soldato
Up and a (relatively) early start

IMG20230528083638.jpg

Got the saw horse set up with the intention of cutting the last timber delivery into 12" lengths / rounds

Also tried standing the saw horse in an old builders bag to try and catch most the chippings ...

First time using the DeWalt battery chainsaw and am very impressed just needed to watch the oil level as she's quite thirsty and does chew through batteries if cutting larger pieces

Had the maul and axe out to mix it up a bit and any "down time" between charges

Took a good 6 hours or so to cut them all up and load into the new store (wanted to tidy the area up) even though I'll have to lug them all out again to split ..

They are 3 rounds / lengths deep so a fair old stock

There were a few gnarly pieces and a few large rounds I put into the smaller store

The last of the seasoned stuff on the top shelf.

Other large store is rammed and the splits drying nicely

Decent amount of wood chip from the session

Put It in the "woodland" area in the back garden

Had a good sweep and tidy up where they had been stored / processed

That's it for today :p
Now you have highlighted this tile my eyes go straight too the other two on that first row of tiles.

They really do need levelling. ?:D

Associate
Did you work from a pre designed plan or make it up as you go ?

It was planned, I'd made a 3.6m long version of this at my old house and used sketchup to design that. But when you start making it, just tweak it as needed, i used a screwhead as the spacing for the seat boards etc.
Still managed to cut the angles wrong on the uprights, I got carried away :D

Permabanned
Today's man job is getting the wife on the mower (after she's been for 25 litres of petrol), as the grass has grown like hell and is full of buttercups. There was a fox with 4 or 5 cubs on the lawn first thing, she's a bit sniffy and wet about shooting cubs, so not only have I got to get them in range, but do so when she's out, and she's off work at the moment. The dogs have been going crazy at first light, now I know why...

grass1.jpg

grass2.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
It was planned, I'd made a 3.6m long version of this at my old house and used sketchup to design that. But when you start making it, just tweak it as needed, i used a screwhead as the spacing for the seat boards etc.
Still managed to cut the angles wrong on the uprights, I got carried away :D

Looks very proffessional, just needs a few pints on it :)

Back
Top Bottom