What "man jobs" have you done today?

Associate
I got most of the mud out the garage yesterday once the skip went. (Garden access is through the house and garage)

Tidied and sorted tools so now have my DIY bench and electronics bench accessible. Then proceeded to fail to fix a 12v short on a Xbox one S. I'll get it though.

I need to check my lists of stuff to do and see if there's any house stuff I can get done before I go back to work next week.

Soldato
Fitted a 2m long shelf with hidden brackets above the bed and got told by the OH that she'll probably hit her head on it getting in and out of bed.

Told her that going to bed by jumping up and down on the pillows would be the only way that would happen and she just did that head wobble and said don't be silly.

Bloody women :rolleyes:

Soldato
:mad:

Bottom is marble (that's glued) but sides being green might be that subtle detail I am looking for *chefs kiss*

---

3 trips to Tool Station today, gave up at work at 11am because it felt futile. Managed to get the second fix bath plumbing finalised, I have gone to the effort of hard lining which I may end up regretting.... it is probably just a click too "tight" but it is probably considerably better than most people would find acceptable. I did chance a straight bit of pipe on the 15mm but then bottled it and did an emergency trip for the 135* 15mm.

7aW9Awz.jpg

Also got the vanity and mirror in so it looked like progress.

M65tWhS.jpg
FYI id get some pipework clips on that to the wall for fear of rattling/water hammer.

Soldato
Actually got home before it was dark out for once, so I sprinkled the garden with weed, seed and moss killer. One box almost perfectly sized for my lawn which made it quite handy - just work through it til it was empty.

It's now being nicely rained in overnight :) Can do the first mow over the weekend.

Caporegime
Put in a thicker door stop in, replaced some broken trim and put in new draught excluder strips for my summerhouse doors. I think someone's had a go at getting in so beefed everything up, before you could pull at the doors and get a hand underneath, now it doesn't move at all.

Next job is turning the blank drawer front that's attached to the cabinet into an actual drawer. I'll be glad when I've worked through all the stuff I've been putting off for a year.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can someone remind me / recommend a sealant for end grain laminate worktops In bathroom?

Also fitted my bathroom mirror but buying some tighter wagos so it can fit in the bottom fixing (of 4 fixings) easier

sTkiwh0.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
Before the rain.. dug out 9m2 of grass in preparation for a new log cabin base.

Quite a large collective weight.. Was not looking forward to multiple tip runs and muddying up the car; opted to list on facebook marketplace for free collection only.

After the second 'is this still available' message, the lot was collected the following day by someone in a Landrover who made multiple trips.
Result.

Top Tip: the large IKEA 50p blue bags are great for garden jobs and relatively strong/inexpensive.

Soldato
I replaced 4 power sockets in my house which were old and tired, one of which was did have a crack in the plastic housing.
I replaced them with modern looking better sockets.

I have more to do later once some other decorating etc has been completed in my house.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Thanks -- I'll batten the wall and I did buy some CLS to batten the front out too but used it for the tile batten. A trip to Wickes is in order anyway as I ran out of adhesive again lol.

sfpWl9T.jpg

^^ this is marble dry fitted which has confused me about doing the back in green a bit. It is a bit of a pointless niche as it isn't tall enough, so I am thinking to "hide it" versus make it a feature...

----

For those bothered/following/interested, this is the tile cutter I am using. I bought it in August 2019 and it has worked a treat on the marble and the ceramics.
I got a replacement blade before I started.
@dlockers I put a Niche in both bathrooms at the wife's request and then she hated how untidy it looked with all the different products, ended up buying a bunch of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09JWK6SZR/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=AQL50GY8VHIWL&th=1 and decanting stuff into them, I now have niche's that are too tall :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom