What PC games are you playing?

Associate
playing the witcher 2 enhanced ed. My first witcher game. Seriously whoever decided the colour scheme & post processing on that game should be ploughed. it looks absolutely awful hahaha

Even worse because i'm on an OLED, its a really revealing panel.. Possibly the worst colours in a game I have seen for agesss. :D
I finished this game for the first time only last week really enjoyed it I thought it looked quite good especially for how old a game it is I played it @1440p on a va led panel. you have got me wondering if my eyes need testing

Associate
I've got some screenshots of bioshock infinite which has coloured bloomy look but is gorgeous.

Things like the harsh Black's in Witcher textures doesn't help. There doesn't seem to be any gradients whereas infinite, someone/people on the team have serious art direction skills.

I know it's a bit different in style but lots of things are noticeable, mainly Textures are really big in infinite so look good in 4k. Witcher does not, probably only meant for 1080p. I know it's gritty vs more cartoony but infinite even nails realistic lighting and bloom well.

Ah just realised Witcher is 2 years older than infinite so maybe not a fair judgement.

Not sure how it holds up story-wise to the Witcher though, and slightly different beasts with probably a vastly different money pot!

I'm really enjoying them anyway. First time for both.

So yeah, I just started infinite as well, never played it before much as im not into the retro thing that much, but another thing I never knew is that the sound design in that game is really good! That's another field I'm really interested in, and it knocks it out the park.. things like when you melee someone you get 'psycho' orchestral hits that make you feel like you're in a movie, with a timed score. really impressed with it so far!

Soldato
I've got some screenshots of bioshock infinite which has coloured bloomy look but is gorgeous.

Things like the harsh Black's in Witcher textures doesn't help. There doesn't seem to be any gradients whereas infinite, someone/people on the team have serious art direction skills.

I know it's a bit different in style but lots of things are noticeable, mainly Textures are really big in infinite so look good in 4k. Witcher does not, probably only meant for 1080p. I know it's gritty vs more cartoony but infinite even nails realistic lighting and bloom well.

Ah just realised Witcher is 2 years older than infinite so maybe not a fair judgement.

Not sure how it holds up story-wise to the Witcher though, and slightly different beasts with probably a vastly different money pot!

I'm really enjoying them anyway. First time for both.

So yeah, I just started infinite as well, never played it before much as im not into the retro thing that much, but another thing I never knew is that the sound design in that game is really good! That's another field I'm really interested in, and it knocks it out the park.. things like when you melee someone you get 'psycho' orchestral hits that make you feel like you're in a movie, with a timed score. really impressed with it so far!

Bioshock Infinite is one of my favourite ever games and the only game I've replayed right through 3 times. I agree, the sounds in the game are equally as good as the visuals and that story! A masterpiece for me.

Soldato
Just picked up India Jones and Emperor's Tomb (2003) for £1.19 (currently on sale) from GOG.com. Never played if before but the combat system is actually pretty cool for an older game. Looks ok too for it's age although it's a shame the aspect ratio is fixed at 4:3. Plays a bit like the original Tomb Raider games only with decent combat.

Associate
Bioshock Infinite is one of my favourite ever games and the only game I've replayed right through 3 times. I agree, the sounds in the game are equally as good as the visuals and that story! A masterpiece for me.

Yeah man, really digging it! Interested in what Ghost Story come up with now Irrational has downsized, and what that means for the Bioshock universe (I played SS & BS when they came out). I read a quote about Levine not wanting to do another, but Ghost story doing something that will appeal. I cant see Take 2 wanting to drop it.

Soldato
Skyrim and Star Trek Online. Passing time now til Mass effect

Tried to restart Fallout 4 but was not feeling it for some reason

Yeah I put 165 hours into New Vegas and was really looking forward to Fallout 4 but after quite enjoying it I accidently discovered the robot detective guy when exploring and skipped out loads of the game which kinda ruined it for me and I never went back to it. I keep thinking about restarting it but the appeal just isn't there...

Associate
How is Star Trek online these days? Haven't played it since release.

A learning curve as I have not played in a while and few of the game systems have been revamped. Had the urge after re watching Deep Space Nine.

Yeah I put 165 hours into New Vegas and was really looking forward to Fallout 4 but after quite enjoying it I accidently discovered the robot detective guy when exploring and skipped out loads of the game which kinda ruined it for me and I never went back to it. I keep thinking about restarting it but the appeal just isn't there...

I feel like I should as I have the season pass and have not tried any of the DLCs yet. Far Harbour looks worth playing

Soldato
I feel like I should as I have the season pass and have not tried any of the DLCs yet. Far Harbour looks worth playing

I feel a similar obligation - it's one of the very few games I paid more than £20 for. That, and Just Cause 3 that I also can't really get in to despite paying almost full price for it... sometimes you just need enough time to pass by though before going back to a game and it feels like a different game don't it.

Associate
I feel a similar obligation - it's one of the very few games I paid more than £20 for. That, and Just Cause 3 that I also can't really get in to despite paying almost full price for it... sometimes you just need enough time to pass by though before going back to a game and it feels like a different game don't it.

I know what you mean. My opinion of Dragon Age Inquisition improved a lot, when I replayed it a year and half later with DLCs

Associate
Trying to play H1Z1:KOTK but can't get to grips with the gunplay and I'd consider myself a good FPS player, don't see the game lasting long :(

The gun mechanics have always been an issue with H1Z1 as they have never felt right. Once Playerunknowns battle royale is fully released I feel they will lose a lot of players.

Back
Top Bottom