What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Replaying Divinity: Original Sin. The Enhanced Edition, after giving up in the game when I played it on release(despite still liking it). Enjoying it immensely.

This is one of the best games released in the last five years, and one of the best RPGs ever. The freedom you have in the game to do things how you want is very impressive.

Associate
Currently playing The Witcher 3, being my first ever rpg it's a bit of a learning curve, but the story seem well thought out so far..

Soldato
OK, sorry, not PC but "The Last of Us Remastered" on PS4 Pro. I've been a bit "meh" with gaming recently but I can honestly say that this is the first game in years that has got me hooked to the point of staying up later than I should and lamenting the lack of sleep at work the next day. :D

I'd say it's just as good an experience story-wise as TW3 on PC. Maybe better if you're more of a Walking Dead fan than Game of Thrones style fantasy. I can't believe what I've been missing out on all this time by refusing to join the console peasantry in the past. :p

Soldato
Tried the new Train Sim World from Dovetail Games, on Steam. awful. Graphics optimisation non existent, struggling to get over 20 FPS on an I7 with GTX950 that works fine with FO4, GTA V etc. Train movement physics also very poorly implemented, needing to gun full throttle just to get a train moving which promptly stalls on the first significant hill. Others have reported running downhill the train actually stops unless you keep power applied.

Given Dovetail have a fairly big crew working on this, disappointed is an understatement. Unfortunately as a result of testing passed by the 2 hour refund cut off from Steam. I know it's a relatively niche product but they could and should be doing much better. Pressure to get out the door/money for quick sales may have been the deciding motive?

I've now purchased another train sim product from an American indie developer (Run 8 V2). Graphically not as good as TSW purported to be but goes in excess of 80FPS and the "heavy haul" train physics spot on. (I nearly poo-ed my pants last night when I tried to re-start the train on a 1 in 45 climb and started rolling backwards because I'd forgotten to put the reverser handle in forward before applying power and releasing the brakes).

Soldato
OK, sorry, not PC but "The Last of Us Remastered" on PS4 Pro. I've been a bit "meh" with gaming recently but I can honestly say that this is the first game in years that has got me hooked to the point of staying up later than I should and lamenting the lack of sleep at work the next day. :D

I'd say it's just as good an experience story-wise as TW3 on PC. Maybe better if you're more of a Walking Dead fan than Game of Thrones style fantasy. I can't believe what I've been missing out on all this time by refusing to join the console peasantry in the past. :p

One of the reasons I bought a PS4 was to play The Last of Us. I would put it in my top 5 games of all time. You should check out Until Dawn as well if you haven't already played it.

Soldato
Replaying Divinity: Original Sin. The Enhanced Edition, after giving up in the game when I played it on release(despite still liking it). Enjoying it immensely.

This is one of the best games released in the last five years, and one of the best RPGs ever. The freedom you have in the game to do things how you want is very impressive.

Still going through this and it is incredibly engrossing. So much variation with the characters and also a damn good challenge.

Soldato
One of the reasons I bought a PS4 was to play The Last of Us. I would put it in my top 5 games of all time. You should check out Until Dawn as well if you haven't already played it.

Cheers, will check that out! :)

Still going through this and it is incredibly engrossing. So much variation with the characters and also a damn good challenge.

Are you playing with Mouse & Keyboard or controller, out of interest?

Soldato

TLOU is my top 3, better than anything I've played on PC. I want to try Until Dawn but I've heard the framerate is rather dodgy?

Regarding PC games, only Forza Horizon 3 and trying to replay Witcher 3. I'll probably grab AC Unity again to experience that beautiful world again on better hardware. Not the best game but the maps Ubi make are really something.

Soldato
TLOU is my top 3, better than anything I've played on PC. I want to try Until Dawn but I've heard the framerate is rather dodgy?

Regarding PC games, only Forza Horizon 3 and trying to replay Witcher 3. I'll probably grab AC Unity again to experience that beautiful world again on better hardware. Not the best game but the maps Ubi make are really something.

I didn't notice any framerate issues when I played it on my PS4 Slim.

Associate
I'm gone start my first play of Morrowind as my graphic card die on me last week. I did play Oblivion (700h) and Skyrim (450h). I hope it will run on my HD 2500 so far is working but I need some mods to make it a little more playable.

Soldato
Been a while since I posted in here, so...

I'm currently playing the recent Devil May Cry reboot (DmC)... Went into it not expecting much, I quite enjoyed the earlier games and had heard from numerous sources that this one was total rubbish and a complete disgrace to the originals... But having played it I think it's another case of fanboyism trying to discredit something just because it changed their beloved franchise (same as people saying Dark Souls 2 is totally rubbish because they prefer the first one)... I think it's really good so far - very inventive and cool level designs, runs nicely... The story is a bit pap but it's not as if the originals were brilliant in that regard either, the combat is fun and satisfying...

Soldato
Still playing The Division - mainly the PVP modes only now instead of PVE

In between, I am playing PUBG and got the early access now so will be putting some hours into it and still considering GRW.

Also need to both to finish RE7 - might play that tomorrow actually.

Back
Top Bottom