What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Currently playing Two Tribes' final game, the twin stick shooter Rive. I wouldn't say that this is the sort of game I'd generally play (not a genre i'd opt for) but I got the opportunity to pick it up for 40p and reviews seemed good. I've actually enjoyed the experience and am now tearing my hair out try to get Gold in all the challenges. The fact that the game is packed full of pop culture references, has good audio and doesn't overstay it's welcome all made me enjoy this a little more than I expected.

Soldato
Just completed Prey. What a cracker. Excellent in every way. I had to abandon my first play though as it let me take too many liberties, so I started again and was more methodical - it was so much more enjoyable that way. Great ending and top soundtrack. I would absolutely give it 10/10.

So what next??

eta - I had no problems running the game at all.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I'm currently going through all the Assassins Creeds. Done 1, 2, BH, and now on Rev. I'm ignoring all the side fluff unless its actually fun.

Whenever it feels like a chore, I tell myself it's like binge watching 9 seasons of a TV show :D

Man of Honour
I'm currently going through all the Assassins Creeds. Done 1, 2, BH, and now on Rev. I'm ignoring all the side fluff unless its actually fun.

Whenever it feels like a chore, I tell myself it's like binge watching 9 seasons of a TV show :D

I keep meaning to do that, the missus bought me every Assassins Creed for my birthday last year and I've tried to get through them but everytime I try I get about 30% of the way through Assassins Creed 1 and end up switching to some other game

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I keep meaning to do that, the missus bought me every Assassins Creed for my birthday last year and I've tried to get through them but everytime I try I get about 30% of the way through Assassins Creed 1 and end up switching to some other game
I did exactly the same, twice. I think it was a mix of burning out too soon with the side quests, and the daunting prospect of having to run all the way down the hill from that monastery to get to another city everytime. Ironically, it wasn't long after that fast-travel unlocked itself.

Soldato
Just finished a few games this week so have started playing all of the following along with my ongoing sessions with Prey, Godeater Resurrection and Cry of Fear:

Legacy of Cain - Soul Reaver - missed all these games the first time around so giving them a go. Good fun so far although it took a while to get my head around the portal gates checkpoint system and dual realms - no hand holding back then (2000).
Pyschonauts - another one I missed from 2005. Just started playing but can already tell I'm going to love it - the humour, style and characters are great - supports 3440x1440 natively and looks fantastic for it.
Also picked up the Dracula Trilogy (currently £1.69 on GOG) - the point and click adventure series that started in 1999 - another game that must have looked great in it's day. Only played the first hour but intriguing so far...

Soldato
Pyschonauts - another one I missed from 2005. Just started playing but can already tell I'm going to love it - the humour, style and characters are great - supports 3440x1440 natively and looks fantastic for it.

A great game, very unique, funny, and imaginative. The kind of game you remember fondly a decade later just because it did so much you've never seen before.

Rise of the tomb raider - what a game! Stunning too.

Yep, playing that myself now, and it's great. The new incarnation of Lara Croft is still a fun and engaging character. Great environments, graphics, story and gameplay.

Soldato
Yeah the new Tomb Raider games are a bit special for me - absolutely loved them both. Do we know if there is another one in the pipeline?
Hard to say. Square Enix have a history of being "disappointed" with sales for their big franchises, including TR. I don't know what their expectations are, and whether they're realistic or not, but this timed exclusive nonsense can't help. We've already seen them ditch IO this year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see devs of other big titles be let go as well, although hopefully a name as big as Tomb Raider would survive.

Associate
Hard to say. Square Enix have a history of being "disappointed" with sales for their big franchises, including TR. I don't know what their expectations are, and whether they're realistic or not, but this timed exclusive nonsense can't help. We've already seen them ditch IO this year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see devs of other big titles be let go as well, although hopefully a name as big as Tomb Raider would survive.

Im sure there's a High Expectations Asian father meme there somewhere.

'lara, why you only triple A game? Must study more and be quadruple A game!'

Associate
Good luck with New Order if you have an AMD card, it bugs out massively for lots of folk at prison area.Ran fine for me & was really enjoying it until that area.Soured the whole game for me, even after found a fix :(

Back
Top Bottom