What PC games are you playing?

Associate
And still the Steam back catalogue continues. The Evil Within is next up. Started last night, did two chapters and loved it. Some of these boss battles are straight out of crazy. It's like someone had a Dead Space and Deadly Premonition baby. My years of watching Supernatural has prepared me for this - burn the bodies :D.

Soldato
And still the Steam back catalogue continues. The Evil Within is next up. Started last night, did two chapters and loved it. Some of these boss battles are straight out of crazy. It's like someone had a Dead Space and Deadly Premonition baby. My years of watching Supernatural has prepared me for this - burn the bodies :D.
Awesome, awesome game. Wish there were more games like it around.

Associate
Automobilista. Messing about with Nvidia view etc to get triple screen to work is a bit of a pain, especially when reverting back to Desktop after finishing gaming - You have to mess about getting your screens back to normal.

However, playing Automobilista on a triple screen set up is a revelation! The wider field of vision makes a huge difference from an immersion perspective, I find myself driving more naturally - you can anticipate what the car is going to do. Whereas before (when using a single screen) I was usually playing catch up (crashing). For comparisons sake, I own a 34" ultrawide and to be fair, I now prefer triple screens for driving especially as the monitor borders are barely noticeable in game.

Although I would say that FPS play better on a single ultrawide.

Soldato
Played through the first couple of hours of We Happy Few and really enjoying it so far. I like the exploration, looting and even the combat so far. There is a great tone or undercurrent of whit and humour throughout which is a rare treat in gaming I feel. Performance wise, I'm getting an average close to 60 FPS with max settings at 3440x1440 and with lows in the mid 40s with no overclock. Applying my standard overclock I can add an extra 7 frames to those numbers but bizarrely, it's causing my GPU to exceed the maximum of 70 degrees even if I increase the fans to maximum. This doesn't happen with the same settings in any other game...

Soldato
30 hours I've been playing Hollow Knight now.... And I just looked at a picture of the whole map, and I haven't explored half of it yet.

I had no idea the game was so massive. It has been slowly creeping up my list of favourite ever games!

I also bought Shadow Tactics and will start that when I've finished Hollow Knight.

Caporegime
Despite all the horror stories I’d read, I decided to try Gears of War 4 as it’s part of Game Pass. It took an insane amount of time to download (130GB) but it did it without any hiccups. The game started perfectly even though it’s supposed to be broken by nVidia’s drivers.

So all in all, it was worth it. It’s a beautiful game and I do like the gameplay.

Associate
Just started getting into Ricksmith. It's absolutely blown me away! Have always played guitar and bass but badly - no lessons or anything. Rocksmith gives you proper lessons, listening to what you're playing and providing feedback / adjusting difficulty on the fly. I'm dead impressed, plus feels like I'm actually learning something useful whilst gaming!

Associate
I tend to play a few games over a period of time, mainly because I can't always get access to the respective systems or I fancy a change of pace.

Current 3 are:
F1 2017 (doing career mode in the most thorough fashion so tend to do a practice/qualifying/race a night)
Monkey Island 2 (Albeit I should finish this tonight)
God of War (Picked it up over the weekend, it's downstairs and don't get much opportunity to play right now)

Associate
For me I enjoy a bit of Fifa on a console with a few people all in the same room. The banter and general shenanigans is what makes it good.

This is what I miss about gaming these days! Or at least, my gaming. Mario Tennis, Super Smash Bros, Goldeneye deathmatch, Tony Hawk HORSE mode, Lylat Wars VS mode, etc, all with people in the same room. The banter is what it's all about

Soldato
This is what I miss about gaming these days! Or at least, my gaming. Mario Tennis, Super Smash Bros, Goldeneye deathmatch, Tony Hawk HORSE mode, Lylat Wars VS mode, etc, all with people in the same room. The banter is what it's all about

Mario Cart used to be great for that, until some plonker picked Raibow Road, NOOOOOO!

Actually are there any PC games you can play like that?

Soldato
Mario Cart used to be great for that, until some plonker picked Raibow Road, NOOOOOO!

Actually are there any PC games you can play like that?

I have a Switch and that seems pretty good for that kind of thing, the Joy-Cons working as 2 controllers is decent as well.

I don't have a lot of people over though, mainly got it for the exclusives.

Back
Top Bottom