What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Recently finished Everspace and everything released so far for Everspace 2. Tried Chorus to continue the space fighter trend but it's not grabbing me in the same way :(.

Man of Honour
I'm enjoying Revhead at the moment. An indie mechanic/racing/open world game, but it's still being actively supported after 5 years and that says a lot about the devs. The racing part seems very well done to me (and comes out well in reviews, including by people who play racing sims). The mechanic part is simpler than something like Car Mechanic Simulator and much more complex than vehicle modification in arcade style games. That can be either good or bad depending on what you want from a game. It's the right balance for me. You don't have to race at all - you can buy wrecks from the local paper, dismantle them, repair parts that aren't too damaged (which increases your mechanic skills, which increases what you can repair) and sell the parts. Or keep them for another car. Or restore them. Or buy cars, mod them and sell them. Or walk out of your garage and go to the pub. There's one just down the road from your garage. Or drive to one of the shops, which have a guaranteed stock of new parts. The local paper might have them cheaper, but what's for sale in the paper varies from day to day. Just make sure you take the right vehicle - you're not going to get a 5L V8 engine and a gearbox in the boot of a small car. Or just drive around, on road or off. It's single player, but multiplayer is something the devs would like to add at some point. Supports wheels, pedals, shifters as well as controllers and keyboard.

I opened it up for a quick go and spent 7 hours on it. But I think I can improve my lap time on one of the dirt tracks with a different gearbox, so I'm going back to try that. Or maybe I'll build a tow truck. I've found some people with cars broken down at the roadside and you can tow them back to your garage and repair them. I've read that there are old wrecks and (for some reason) boxes of parts lost in the outback, so maybe I'll take my offroading ute out to see if I can find some.

£15 on Steam with the turbo DLC. Bargain.

Man of Honour
Started 'Stray' last night. Performance could do with being improved considering it stutters a bit occasionally even on my 3090 (seems to be a known issue for the PC port). Otherwise I'm enjoying it.

Love the aesthetics of this and the aww cute factor, watched it being streamed for a bit but in the end decided against getting it, 5 hours is too short for me, I'm never overly keen on games that I can complete the same day that I buy them

Soldato
Windows (11 in this case) is such a ******* horrible piece of software for multiple screens. I use 3 screens(2 monitors and a TV) and always have football manager on the largest screen(the TV) While I pop out I'll 'Sleep' my PC.

On waking it has a bit of a crisis as it works out which monitors I have connected and how they're aligned. Anyway, Football Manager (normally running in 4k full screen) on TV has moved to one of my smaller screens. Because of the resolution and screen size the buttons are all misaligned to the cursor (so I have to hover say 1cm above the button to be where the button actually is) so when I manage to get into preferences I can't actually confirm the changes of preference(because confirm is right at the bottom and my screen won't go down far enough)

I can't drag the window because it's full screen, and I can't 'move' the window using 'Win + Any arrow key' like I can with any other windows.

Also why the **** can't I adjust my taskbar size by dragging it. Apparently the fix is to go into the Regedit rather than just a click and drag.
But mainly the football manager part. That's ******* me right off atm. Have had to restart twice to try and get the window to move back to the main screen where it should be.

I've tried Sleeping the PC and turning it back on with the TV both off and on, and the Window won't move. If it stays like this I genuinely can't play the game. When I boot the game back up (Having Task Manager Ended it because I can't confirm at 'Are you Sure you want to quit?') it boots up on the small monitor with the same preferences. I am seriously ****** off at the minute.

I've fixed it. I had to move Screen from below Screen #3 so the bottom of the menus showed up at the top of screen 1. Then had to work out literally where the confirm button was in relation to the cursor. It was a good 2cm difference on the screen.

Bravo, Windows 11. Bravo! I'll be forced to play in Windowed mode from now on (with having the taskbar only show up when I hover over where it would be) so that I can easily rectify if this happens again.

dfbcd9119c8927b8bd42006822c6db4a.png

BIG TIME EDIT: I've just found the 'Alt+Enter' shortcut to change between windowed and full screen!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom