What PC games are you playing?

I played WOW for years. Used to play with some guys from work, We'd finish work on a Monday morning and go straight on WOW. Sometime never even went to bed on the Monday night..
I've played quite solidly since Wrath of the Lich King but decided I was done after levelling a couple of toons in Shadowlands as I found that expansion a little dull (and also to try and alleviate my RSI a bit :)), so haven't played for almost two years. Bought Dragonflight with a month's sub as I had some credit on my Blizzard account and it was on sale, and have actually been enjoying the whole experience so far. I especially like that you don't have to wait until ~70 to be able to fly so it's been a much more pleasant overall experience.

I've played quite solidly since Wrath of the Lich King but decided I was done after levelling a couple of toons in Shadowlands as I found that expansion a little dull (and also to try and alleviate my RSI a bit :)), so haven't played for almost two years. Bought Dragonflight with a month's sub as I had some credit on my Blizzard account and it was on sale, and have actually been enjoying the whole experience so far. I especially like that you don't have to wait until ~70 to be able to fly so it's been a much more pleasant overall experience.
I played from Vanilla until Cataclysm and then had a break. Went back around BfA for a bit then just popped in and out over a couple of years. I think last time I played it was year before last. Shadowlands?
I got in to the habit of starting new toons then binning them when stuff got boring. I remember when 100 gold was a lot of currency, seems you can accumulate thousands easily now.

I actually have physical discs for some of the expansions somewhere. I bet they don't do those anymore.

Last edited:
Another roguelite/roguelike/survival that looks interesting, will probably give it a blast at some point.

Death Stranding

any one else currently playing it ?

I've not long started DS.

Only on maybe order 3/4 of Ep 2. I was initially put off by the walking sim comments and I do find the walking a bit boring at times. However, when there are BTs close it actually becomes quite intense - a bit like Alien Isolation, it's not the action as such, it's the anticipation that something really quite sinister is close by. I also really like the almost musical interlude you get when on a bit of a hike and background music starts playing.

I've not long started DS.

Only on maybe order 3/4 of Ep 2. I was initially put off by the walking sim comments and I do find the walking a bit boring at times. However, when there are BTs close it actually becomes quite intense - a bit like Alien Isolation, it's not the action as such, it's the anticipation that something really quite sinister is close by. I also really like the almost musical interlude you get when on a bit of a hike and background music starts playing.

I know exactly what you mean. The game absolutely nails atmosphere and suspense. It also takes a twist later that I think you'll enjoy - I won't spoil it but safe to say that the flashbacks you're getting with BB and Mads Mikkelsen leads up to something really unexpected.

Fallout 4, just finishing up the last ending and last bit of DLC. An awful lot of game for the money, it's getting on a bit and the engine's a bit wonky but doesn't look too bad at full settings. > 60fps hack essential though it does sometimes bug out accessing terminals so frequent quicksaving is a must.

Fallout 4, just finishing up the last ending and last bit of DLC. An awful lot of game for the money, it's getting on a bit and the engine's a bit wonky but doesn't look too bad at full settings. > 60fps hack essential though it does sometimes bug out accessing terminals so frequent quicksaving is a must.
I got disgruntled because of some slow loading bug in F4. It just takes sooooo long in loading when you enter/exit buildings and stuff. Definitely a bug because when I played it on release it was fast.

Anyhow, recent few days I have been playing a bit of Stardew Valley, Sleeping Dogs (though I hate countering/timing, a shame if doesn't have a good block and dodge, after playing God of War and Witcher 3 thisi s frustrating) and I discovered Hades, I was initially put off by the ''roguelike'' genre but this game gets better and better every play, it just works so nicely :).

playing Terraria, hoping this time will be 'the one' where I get to see all of the bosses and get some really cool upgrades and a fabulous well defended home base.

Still working my way through Ghost Recon Wildlands. This probably makes its way into my top 10 of all time. It can be as hardcore military sim as you want it to be. The only thing I would add to this game, would be a big old multiplayer drop in map of 160 players with objectives that teams can fight over.

Back
Top Bottom