What PC games are you playing?

Associate
I really need to stop collecting games and actually play through some!

1/2 decent gaming pc + steamdeck (763 games)
Nintendo Switch
PS5
Oculus Quest

too much choice!
Currently playing through Far Cry 6.

Soldato
Stray continues... Finally beat L5 The Rooftops but those Zurks are really doing my head in.

This game is nowhere near the relaxing experience it was billed as. Some of the Zurk avoidance sub levels I've had to repeat multiple times. It is not a fun gameplay element to be swamped by parasites against whom you have little or no defence and kill you in five seconds flat. There should be a difficulty modifier or some means of levelling up the cat's damage resistance to tackle this and not end up nearly rage deleting the game.

Associate
Started Bramble on gamepass after a few on here talked about it, Its alright, played for a few hours and it seems to be getting better but there is way too much walking and climbing i do like the setting though. Its very similar to little nightmares puzzle-platform survival.

Soldato
Kingdom come deliverance. Surprisingly drawn into the story, granted I'm only at the point where you go to the second place and have to go back to the first place after a certain event, so not that far in. My only annoyances are:

Crashes/low fps during some cutscenes, think I found a fix that I need to try.
It really makes you work to complete an objective. Sometimes there are no quest markers and you have figure stuff out, slows the pace and makes it a little more interesting but when the objective covers a very large area I could see it becoming tedious, adds to the realism I guess.
Not sure if I should play kb/mouse or controller, it seems setup for controller.
Combat doesn't wow me, maybe I need to get used to it. I've only been in three fights, 1 fisticuffs and 2 sword which were "meh".

Soldato
Kingdom come deliverance. Surprisingly drawn into the story, granted I'm only at the point where you go to the second place and have to go back to the first place after a certain event, so not that far in. My only annoyances are:

Crashes/low fps during some cutscenes, think I found a fix that I need to try.
It really makes you work to complete an objective. Sometimes there are no quest markers and you have figure stuff out, slows the pace and makes it a little more interesting but when the objective covers a very large area I could see it becoming tedious, adds to the realism I guess.
Not sure if I should play kb/mouse or controller, it seems setup for controller.
Combat doesn't wow me, maybe I need to get used to it. I've only been in three fights, 1 fisticuffs and 2 sword which were "meh".

Have a look for some qol mods, not sure what's available now but remember getting a few which helped out to no end.

Associate
Valheim with some friends. It's okay but has the same feeling as an mmo without the other players. Grind for mats, build better gear, kill stuff, repeat. It's a bit boring after the initial charm of sailing away and exploring a new area wears off.
I probably just need to chug some more mead.

Associate
Valheim with some friends. It's okay but has the same feeling as an mmo without the other players. Grind for mats, build better gear, kill stuff, repeat. It's a bit boring after the initial charm of sailing away and exploring a new area wears off.
I probably just need to chug some more mead.
Wow, valheim. I forgot i even bought that. I only did the first few areas but yeah i agree about the huge grinding for mats. I think that's why i stopped paying.
I'll check it out again as it's been out ages now so hopefully they've added a lot of good stuff.

Id recommend deep rock galactic if you want a great co-op game with a few mates.

Last edited:
Associate
Wow, valheim. I forgot i even bought that. I only did the first few areas but yeah i agree about the huge grinding for mats. I think that's why i stopped paying.
I'll check it out again as it's been out ages now so hopefully they've added a lot of good stuff.

Id recommend deep rock galactic if you want a great co-op game with a few mates.
We've already played and exhausted the fun from DRG unfortunately..

Associate
Stray continues... Finally beat L5 The Rooftops but those Zurks are really doing my head in.

This game is nowhere near the relaxing experience it was billed as. Some of the Zurk avoidance sub levels I've had to repeat multiple times. It is not a fun gameplay element to be swamped by parasites against whom you have little or no defence and kill you in five seconds flat. There should be a difficulty modifier or some means of levelling up the cat's damage resistance to tackle this and not end up nearly rage deleting the game.
For my shame, I cheated my way through those parts as I just wanted to enjoy the game and not deal with the rage :p

Soldato
For my shame, I cheated my way through those parts as I just wanted to enjoy the game and not deal with the rage :p
Must admit I've also found myself reading guides and watching YT clips to do the puzzle sections too. There's no map, no quest marker or means of marking where you need to go. About finished with Chapter 6 now (believe there's 12 altogether), but I very much get the impressions the devs thought, wow let's do a game where you can play as a cat, then promptly forgot the basic essentials of any other RPG style game.

Back
Top Bottom