What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Haven't really played any of the Far Cry games since number 4, which I completed back when it was released... so given that is 9 years ago, this week I decided to buy number 5 and give that a go. Glad I did... brilliant, brilliant mindless fun.

Soldato
Haven't really played any of the Far Cry games since number 4, which I completed back when it was released... so given that is 9 years ago, this week I decided to buy number 5 and give that a go. Glad I did... brilliant, brilliant mindless fun.
Does it still have the forced abduction moments or can you disable it now? Such a stupid mechanic :(

Soldato
Still working my way through Ghost Recon Wildlands. This probably makes its way into my top 10 of all time. It can be as hardcore military sim as you want it to be. The only thing I would add to this game, would be a big old multiplayer drop in map of 160 players with objectives that teams can fight over.
Played this for a good 20 hours when it came out.

Picked it up for my son during the Steam sale and we've been playing it an hour each night.

The game is so much fun and looks great still.

Associate
Just finished Death Stranding. 100+ hours played and level 219 reached but WTH did I just play. Gonna have to watch some videos to make sense of it all. The ending went on like foreover so much going on couldn't keep up. Next up Red Dead Redemption 2.

Underboss
Just finished Death Stranding. 100+ hours played and level 219 reached but WTH did I just play. Gonna have to watch some videos to make sense of it all. The ending went on like foreover so much going on couldn't keep up. Next up Red Dead Redemption 2.

ooo nice one

not sure what level im up to right now, but I'm trying to do roads, so its easier to get about:)

Associate
ooo nice one

not sure what level im up to right now, but I'm trying to do roads, so its easier to get about:)
I built roads all over except the mountain area, once I got the long-range level 3 truck, never went anywhere without it. Its fun driving it on difficult terrain but having to keep bringing it in for repairs not so much.

Associate
Apparently The Last of Us is in a decent place now? Playing through with none of the launch hubbub. The minutes long shader compilation is still annoying after every driver update although hugely reduced compared to before.

Soldato
Well it's only been out for a year... but I finally got round to buying Stray.

Just arrived in Chapter 3 after taking several attempts to get past the little Minion style creatures. Not the best key combination having to press Shift-W to run and Left-Alt to get the little beggars off your back.

It's not a bad game but it seems a bit abstract. There's no real sense of purpose to what you're doing or any means to call up an objective list on the screen. I guess the idea is to find your way back to your other feline friends, eventually. Also very linear in terms of where you can go, not every item can be moved or jumped on.

The setting is similar in tone to Hengsha in Deus Ex, at least to my eyes. Music is nice.

Anyhow I shall persevere with it but get the feeling I should have waited for the next Steam sale rather than popping 25 notes on it.

Soldato
I am doing a half life playthrough I've decided. I'm 2/3 of the way through HL1 and I'll be doing Blue Shift and the other expansion before moving onto 2. I also have HL Alyx! I've done them all before over the last 25 years but not in any order or anything

Caporegime
Herald of Havoc demo on Steam.

Clearly takes influences from games like Quake and other fps titles.

At first, I wasn't sure about it, but it's worth sticking with for at least the first level.
It has some good ideas in there, though, why modern indie games seem to consistently
have that WoW cartoon/clean like appearance, I don't know.

I guess it's simply down to the available/free engine, e.g. Unity.

Last edited:
Soldato
Horizon Zero dawn, surprisingly short if you only play the storyline. I got about 40 hours in, 10-15 story and the rest was just grabbing collectibles etc. The mount was just annoying so I just ran everywhere... I didn't care about the sidequests or the people in them, it just felt a little boring to me. Main story line wasn't anything special to me but then, I like my sci fi. Could not play it on a pad, had to switch to mouse/keyboard, even then I don't think it registered shots as you would expect. Game was "okay".

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Horizon Zero dawn, surprisingly short if you only play the storyline. I got about 40 hours in, 10-15 story and the rest was just grabbing collectibles etc. The mount was just annoying so I just ran everywhere... I didn't care about the sidequests or the people in them, it just felt a little boring to me. Main story line wasn't anything special to me but then, I like my sci fi. Could not play it on a pad, had to switch to mouse/keyboard, even then I don't think it registered shots as you would expect. Game was "okay".
I was actually much the same about Horizon Zero Dawn, I liked the world abd the aesthetics and the story was decent but as an actual game I thought it was pretty average. Wasnt something that left me with memories or the urge to recommend it to others.

Soldato
Just completed TLOU part 1

Played very nicely on my RX 7600

1888930-20230722230746-1.png

1888930-20230722235850-1.png

1888930-20230722235939-1.png

Back
Top Bottom