What Restaurant did you eat at last night?

Soldato
We went to Hawksmoor Spitalfields about 5 weeks ago and the fodo was as excellent as usual. I was unimpressed that the steak tartare (the best I've ever had) has been taken off the menu.

Soldato
On a bit of a whim last night we went to the Hand & Flowers for dinner. They had a cancellation, albeit a late one at 9:30 which wasn't ideal considering the 90 minute drive each way and starting back at work today.

As usual the food was outstanding. Yummy.

Soldato
The Menu says L'Enclume but it was actually at Rogan and Company (L'Enclume is closed for refurb) and it was Simon Rogan at the pass.

i2eFv20.jpg

phdS3qT.jpg

Cod yolk crispy:

X0V9nmi.jpg

Chick O Hake:

sL87pqv.jpg

Shorthorn beef:

e5O6y9O.jpg

Black Passion:

lsKHJ7V.jpg

These photos are the main dishes, the others were pre-starters and pre-desserts. It was all amazing but the hake and beef were other-worldly amazing. Staggering.

The beef had marrow on top and a truffle pudding at the side... omnomnomnom

Soldato
Hnnnnnng my brother went on new years eve. I'm so jealous.

You would have loved the wine flight. The outstanding ones were:

Navazos Niepport - sherry character but light and fruity rather than sickly and sweet.

Marques de Murrieta Rioja Blanco - best white of the evening... stunning. Apples into peaches into pears.

Chateau Musar Lebanese Grenache-led blend - a really grown up wine, sublime.

Bortoli Semillon - best dessert wine I've ever had. Clementine, bitter orange, lemon... like the best marmalade ever.

Associate
The Menu says L'Enclume but it was actually at Rogan and Company (L'Enclume is closed for refurb) and it was Simon Rogan at the pass.
Looks stunning. I was there (L'Enlcume actually, but went to Rogan & Co the following evening) last September and had an amzing meal. We're looking to go back but they have no Saturday rooms and tables until May :(.

Last edited:
Soldato
We went to Hawksmoor Spitalfields about 5 weeks ago and the fodo was as excellent as usual. I was unimpressed that the steak tartare (the best I've ever had) has been taken off the menu.
I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of steak tartare anyway but I really don't understand having it before a steak :confused:

daz

daz

Soldato
We finally managed to get around to eating at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay last night (RHR). We went for the seasonal tasting menu, so 7 courses plus some amuse bouches at the beginning and the end.

I have to say - it's probably the best meal I've ever had. Everything was just flawless and every course just seemed to build on the last and get better and better. My favourite course overall though was the Venison with Elderberry Ketchup. :D

Associate
We finally managed to get around to eating at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay last night (RHR). We went for the seasonal tasting menu, so 7 courses plus some amuse bouches at the beginning and the end.

I have to say - it's probably the best meal I've ever had. Everything was just flawless and every course just seemed to build on the last and get better and better. My favourite course overall though was the Venison with Elderberry Ketchup. :D
Excellent. I'm there in March, treating my in-laws for a 60th birthday present. Can't wait!!

Associate

Chick O Hake:

sL87pqv.jpg

These photos are the main dishes, the others were pre-starters and pre-desserts. It was all amazing but the hake and beef were other-worldly amazing. Staggering.

The beef had marrow on top and a truffle pudding at the side... omnomnomnom

where's the chips at ? :D

Soldato
The Menu says L'Enclume but it was actually at Rogan and Company (L'Enclume is closed for refurb) and it was Simon Rogan at the pass...
Really interesting to see some of their older stuff with updated presentation and cooking techniques - they've come a long way in a very short time.

Still mystified about where that third star has got to, Michelin...

Soldato
On Tuesday I had the pleasure of having lunch at Osteria Francescana in Modena.

I'll write more later and post some pictures but suffice to say the place is absolutely incredible!

I'll leave one picture now. Five ages of Parmigano Reggiano in different textures and temperatures:

241qWEX.jpg

Soldato
Is that the one that is currently the best restaurant in the world and was on Masterchef recently ? I would love to try it. The missus has a plan to have at least one break/holiday a year going to one of the best restaurants in the world. In principle I like the idea but it's going to be expensive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom