What Restaurant did you eat at last night?

Soldato
I'm getting Heston at Home next week for my birthday, but I've just slapped a link to that and "it's my birthday next week guys... *wink wink nudge nudge*" on my Facebook so we shall see! :D

Soldato
The first weekend in December is always a pain. I know a couple of people at Goodmans so happily ask (what time you want to go?) but squeezing 6 people in is going to be tricky!

Have you looked at The Palm in Sloane Square area? Never been myself, but all the Americans I know in London go there for their "American Steak fix".

If you could... :p blow jobs in it for you... I'll trade in my sister and that.

Around 8 would be nice!

R

Soldato
If you could... :p blow jobs in it for you... I'll trade in my sister and that.

Around 8 would be nice!

R

Sorry mate, no can do I'm afraid. They normally keep a couple of 2 person tables free for the evening slots (for regulars, friends, family, etc.) but six isn't an option I'm afraid :(

Soldato
Failing that I'm looking at the Chancery in Farringdon. Seems like a nice place. I know a fair few people on Twitter that have used it for their supper clubs and the like.

I have now tried so many places. Galvins (all 3), hawksmoors, goodmans, dinner by heston and many others lol all booked.

We will see!

Soldato
Had a last-minute Friday night booking at Goodmans City last week; my first visit to a Goodmans. Everything was great apart from my steak, a fillet, which was chewy and fatty.

Hawksmoor Seven Dials is still reigning supreme for me!

Associate
Also just eaten in meat liquor (left 30 mins ago), burger was good i have to admit, although it was overpriced coming to £17 for burger, fries, and 2 bottles of beer.
The place itself and atmosphere is good though.

Soldato
Ate in The Mussle Inn on Monday. It was a bit of a let down, not as good as it used to be and the service was lacking somewhat. However the food was still tasty enough and the pots of mussles were well priced.

Soldato
Wasn't last night but did pop into Steak Out in Bournemouth for a friends birthday a few weeks back. Had a 24oz Rib-Eye that was fantastic. Not the finest steak I've ever eaten but the sheer quantity of it just had me salivating. Superb.

Soldato
Visited Castle Terrace for lunch on Saturday - wonderful! Certainly on par with The Kitchin, but more relaxed and unstuffy. The food was allowed to take the centre stage and there were no airs and graces about the place.

In short, I would certainly visit again. 8/10

We also visited Fishers in the City for lunch on Sunday. Again, a very relaxed, calm envirnonment. I see this as more of a seafood bistro, and the food was not as refined.

I would visit again if in the mood for seafood. Although I probably prefer Cafe Royal. 6/10

Last edited:
Caporegime
Barbecoa by St Paul's. Great food (we had a burger and rump steak) and the scenery was even better! Pricing was very reasonable, would definitely go back :p.

Soldato
Nice writeup. The Ledbury is just down the road from me.. very tempting. Their lunch set menu is very well priced, although it looks like you didn't go for that? Nice that you got to see the kitchen!

Soldato
Nah we didn't, we went for a massive mix really. But I still think it was really well priced for everything. I went for an evening meal at the chancery which was 430quid for 6 people and this was 240 for 3. The chancery charged for water, ledbury didn't. We got so many extras at the ledbury as well, just for nothing and meeting the chef and the whole thing was something I will always remember. Not to mention at the chancery the food I questioned parts of the combos and flavours and to me it didn't go. Never at the ledbury.

Still a bit mind blown by it all. Been talking to him on email today, which you wouldn't think you'd get!

Soldato
QuickLink, I'm not sure if it's this outdated version of firefox but I'm really not getting on with your blog. Lots of hanging, sites not loading properly and just seems very clunky. Heading home soon so I'll check it out on Chrome as chances are it's this computer.

Back
Top Bottom