What retro things have you done today?

Thank you very much :) hope you dont get in any trouble for sharing that.

I just offered £12 and they accepted.....job jobbed!
Nice one! I have purchased from them before and they seem reasonable with offers.

As for the link the mods here seem to be fair with it as long as it is not something that would be usable in a modern PC. Which that certainly is not :P

Nice one! I have purchased from them before and they seem reasonable with offers.

As for the link the mods here seem to be fair with it as long as it is not something that would be usable in a modern PC. Which that certainly is not :p

LOL yeah pretty sure there isn't one in clearance! :D

Just managed to find all the driver packages from a Vogons site post asking the exact same question, so just need it to arrive now :)

One other question if anyone can help, are DOS EPIC games and the like now freeware? I need to get a copy of Epic Pinball sorted

I've got two of those labway cards, one houses my Dreamblaster X2 and makes for a great DOS/9x card.

Today I've been getting ready for my S775 build with 3-way SLI, and also finally prepping for my watercooled dual socket 604 "beast" of a netburst system, dual 3.4GHz Hyperthreading Xeon (Irwindale), 8GB PC2-3200 ECC DDR2, Geforce GTX 295.

Interesting video that,

I agree the AWE almost felt a bit "forced" on the higher end stuff, i assume overall the card quality is impressive though. The 16 did sound great. Even the Vibra wasn't bad at all was expecting more of a difference

Seems a 16 would be ideal but cant seem to find one atm

I would rate them in this order. The 16S is the cheapest value card afterall

SB16 > AWE32 > Vibra 16XV > Vibra 16S

Soundblaster 16's do come up on eBay. I missed out out one that sold in UK a week or so before I got mine. They sell for around £40-£60.
Mine was £50 but from Hungary so had to pay £17 shipping, plus tax. It came to £72 in the end
Card - $60.00 USD
Postage - $20.00 USD
Tax - $16.01 USD

I've got two of those labway cards, one houses my Dreamblaster X2 and makes for a great DOS/9x card.

Today I've been getting ready for my S775 build with 3-way SLI, and also finally prepping for my watercooled dual socket 604 "beast" of a netburst system, dual 3.4GHz Hyperthreading Xeon (Irwindale), 8GB PC2-3200 ECC DDR2, Geforce GTX 295.

Looking forward to seeing this!

Looking forward to seeing this!
Which one!?

I've shown these before, but this is the dual socket 604 board, CPUs and waterblocks. I've now got RAM, watercooling hardware, GPU and a 1030w PSU all stuffed into a small beige case!
dual-s604-2-1.jpg

dual-s604-2-2.jpg

dual-s604-2-3.jpg

This is where we are with the 3-way SLI:

3-way-sli-1.jpg

I would rate them in this order. The 16S is the cheapest value card afterall

SB16 > AWE32 > Vibra 16XV > Vibra 16S

Depends on the AWE32. AWE32 is basically a SB16 with EMU8000 Strapped on. I'd personally rate the AWE32 (specific models) over any SB16.

I have two AWE32's CT3980 and CT3900 One is PNP one is configured with Jumpers and both come with Gen OPL 3.

Cost is a factor obviously, but both these cards I acquired for under £50 each. Just have to be patient.

Nice article explaining all the different AWE32's

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/2012/07/sound-blaster-awe32-64-options.html

GJpHYa8l.jpg

Depends on the AWE32. AWE32 is basically a SB16 with EMU8000 Strapped on. I'd personally rate the AWE32 (specific models) over any SB16.

I have two AWE32's CT3980 and CT3900 One is PNP one is configured with Jumpers and both come with Gen OPL 3.

Cost is a factor obviously, but both these cards I acquired for under £50 each. Just have to be patient.

Nice article explaining all the different AWE32's

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/2012/07/sound-blaster-awe32-64-options.html

GJpHYa8l.jpg

Yeh, I remember reading somewhere it's a SB16 with the additon of a wavetable header on the board already (guess thats the EMU8000)

In that photo, it doesnt look like any AWE32s i've seen, is that another daughter board, in addition to the card with SIMM modules? Normally the one i've seen are like this

This one sold for £107 and descripted as untested... no may not even work

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ISA-Sound-Blaster-AWE32-CT3980-/224309352019

Yeh, I remember reading somewhere it's a SB16 with the additon of a wavetable header on the board already (guess thats the EMU8000)

In that photo, it doesnt look like any AWE32s i've seen, is that another daughter board, in addition to the card with SIMM modules? Normally the one i've seen are like this

This one sold for £107 and descripted as untested... no may not even work

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ISA-Sound-Blaster-AWE32-CT3980-/224309352019

Yeah it has a Korg Daughterboard attached to the Wavetable header. That one in my pic is the CT3900. AWE32's can fetch good money, I've sold a few in the past for over £100 each but I certainly wouldn't pay that for one! I wish i never sold my CT3600 now. They have really clean output and you can actually do a mod and add in OPL3.. effectively makes it an AWE64 with OPL3

Spent today trying to finish a system I am putting together to put on marketplace.

Kept getting windows protection errors and its a theme I have noticed with a certain CF card/adapter that I have so decided to go with a proper HDD instead....

it took 6 drives before I found one that would install windows!
2 not detected
2 detected but making bad noises and wont get much further than POST.
1 Got as far as Fdisk then started clicking repeatedly and got stuck on 77% formatting.

Dont you love old hard drives :) :) :)

Yeah it has a Korg Daughterboard attached to the Wavetable header. That one in my pic is the CT3900. AWE32's can fetch good money, I've sold a few in the past for over £100 each but I certainly wouldn't pay that for one! I wish i never sold my CT3600 now. They have really clean output and you can actually do a mod and add in OPL3.. effectively makes it an AWE64 with OPL3
A couple months back I put my AWE32 up for sale and couldnt sell it @ ~ £45. Thats for a non PnP with real opl3! Decided to keep it instead.

Really? I'm surprised by that. I sold my EWS64S card today for £150, but that's a special card and I only sold it because I have it's bigger brother the EWS64XL.
I did spot your listing I was watching the Yamaha to see if it sold :P

I was quite surprised too... It was a lot cheaper than other AWE32 and supposedly the non PnP ones are sought after too...

Are right. Thanks
There's one listed for £600 on eBay at the moment! The AWE64 with OPL3 would be a great card

A couple months back I put my AWE32 up for sale and couldnt sell it @ ~ £45. Thats for a non PnP with real opl3! Decided to keep it instead.

What model... There are a few different varietys including 'Soundblaster 32'

I did spot your listing I was watching the Yamaha to see if it sold :p

I was quite surprised too... It was a lot cheaper than other AWE32 and supposedly the non PnP ones are sought after too...

The Yamaha never sold, but I'll whack it back up when the £1's come around again. I'm in no rush to sell it. It will stay in the machine till it sell's.

Back
Top Bottom