What retro things have you done today?

i quite like that silver one bottom right , you would have to pay me to have an Acer or Packard Hell case
Me too! :)

I am half looking for a slightly bigger case than this ACME one now though. Maybe I'll build a P3 rig in the ACME one... :p

Either way, still desperately looking for a socket 478 stock cooler (or just any cooler I guess) and the motherboard bracket to go with it, cos this Asus one has some weird Medion mounting system!

Me too! :)

I am half looking for a slightly bigger case than this ACME one now though. Maybe I'll build a P3 rig in the ACME one... :p

Either way, still desperately looking for a socket 478 stock cooler (or just any cooler I guess) and the motherboard bracket to go with it, cos this Asus one has some weird Medion mounting system!

dont you need this, then u can use any standard cooler CPU Fan Retention AMD Mounting Bracket For Socket 478 for Intel Pentium Celeron | eBay

Taken delivery of another A500 Plus, have seen it working online so took the chance it will be fine. Now I need to sell my old one.

Much needed clean first though. Eventually plan is to make the other side of the room a "retro" desk. Where I will have my Amigas setup. So far only planning the A500 Plus and A1200, A1200 still needs a keyboard but not keen on £130 odd prices atm.

Nice, what's the ISA card at the bottom?

This arrived today, fitted and running great. Had a go on Epic Pinball.
No more horrible Soundblaster emulation. I've taken the SB Live! out of now, not sure theres any need for it. I read there are bandwidth issues on ISA soundcards but havent ran into any problems trying Unreal, Unreal Tournament (the newest games installed)

zzLSTVB.jpg.png

It's an old modem card, cant bring myself to remove it lol

Have I sound blaster 16 PCI. Will I see a difference with something like a vibra ISA card? Found one but haven't clicked go yet

Anyone happen to know if a QDI PlatiniX 2DE/800 unofficially supports 800FSB HT Northwood P4's?

The manual only lists Willamette and Northwood 400/533FSB, but the board was released prior to the 800FSB chips release.

Havent found any answers online yet.

Back
Top Bottom