What retro things have you done today?

Got a socket 754 board that looks completely undamaged but the get no postcodes and the CPU remains cold. Any ideas? Its a fairly nice board so hoping its just a dead cpu but I think it would still at least warm up??

got this immaculate 19" 1280x1024 Fujitsu from fleabay for£35 inc next delivery. not a single scratch or mark on the screen, the seller also fitted protective film over the panel and it came in an enormous box, i think they were one of the last brands to keep with beige colours

ignore the ghosting, i had a duff VGA cable which ive now replaced

I43x7B5.jpg

Really nice.
What game is that please? Looks familiar but cannot place.

GF3 Ti 500 and Voodoo 2 but looks like they have been spotted already.

At least 1 other gem in there ;)

as well as the:
Number9 Revolution 3D
and 2x Number9 branded S3 Savage (probably fairly rare cards, as most seem to be the cut down Savage 4LT)

The £3.79 economy delivery is a concern - what's the betting they'll just be chucked in a box :)

Last edited:

as well as the:
Number9 Revolution 3D
and 2x Number9 branded S3 Savage (probably fairly rare cards, as most seem to be the cut down Savage 4LT)

The £3.79 economy delivery is a concern - what's the betting they'll just be chucked in a box :)
Well I may find out :P
I have purchased from that seller before iirc and it was packed really well. business seller too so should be fairly easy recourse if its packed like crap

as well as the:
Number9 Revolution 3D

There's a Voodoo 3500 in there too and TNT M64. The Voodoo 2 might have some bent pins, all the other cards should be ok, I guess...

Just noticed one of the caps on one of my boards has literally **** itself so now its a race to get it off the board before it eats any traces. Its already covered some of those tiny surface mount resistors/caps.
Any recommendations for decent Irons sub £50? happy to go slightly over if thats a real quality boost. I think my one is only 30w as as I have mentioned many times doesnt get nearly hot enough for caps on modern boards

I've been after a DB15 Gamepad for Dos gaming for a while now. Always been on the lookout for a Gravis pad but i didn't want to pay much money for one. This one popped up on eBay looking a bit grubby but i offer £4 which the seller accepted. Straight in the bath for a clean and it cleaned up really nicely.

WrVai3vh.jpg
Had a pair of those for fifa back in the day sold them for a tenner at least they aren’t worth a fortune! I literally binned an original 3dfx card and a a voodoo 2 as I was sick of moving them around! (Before prices went bonkers)

Back
Top Bottom