What retro things have you done today?

I'm trying to find some kind of project PC to mess with this weekend but then I came across this optimistic listing ha

But on the other hand I was tempted by this

Last edited:
Woke up hoping to get a Miyoo Mini Plus but all 2000 units sold out in about 2 mins apparently, released at 5am UK time!
£89.99 on Amazon.
Why have they sold out so fast though? Compared to the RG35XX, the CPU is weak (1.2Ghz compared to 1.6Ghz) and there's no 3D GPU at all.
Somone has recently managed to unlock the GPU on the 35XX so it opens up vast performance gains e.g. possibilities of N64 and maybe other consoles.

The only added feature on the Mini plus I can tell is Wifi and it has a more mature OS.
3000mAh battery is bigger than the 35XX, but even with 2100mAh I tested Crash Banditcoot (PSX) demo scene and mine lasted 6 hours 15 mins on the 2100mAh battery. A 2800mAh Liter battery is in the post to me anyway.

£89.99 on Amazon.
Why have they sold out so fast though? Compared to the RG35XX, the CPU is weak (1.2Ghz compared to 1.6Ghz) and there's no 3D GPU at all.
Somone has recently managed to unlock the GPU on the 35XX so it opens up vast performance gains e.g. possibilities of N64 and maybe other consoles.

The only added feature on the Mini plus I can tell is Wifi and it has a more mature OS.
3000mAh battery is bigger than the 35XX, but even with 2100mAh I tested Crash Banditcoot (PSX) demo scene and mine lasted 6 hours 15 mins on the 2100mAh battery. A 2800mAh Liter battery is in the post to me anyway.

I don't know...i think people who missed out on the original Mini dyring to get one or something. I merely want one for "collecting" to go with the smaller one. Not fussed. Would be best to put the money towards a Retroid Pocket 3+ really...

Where did you order the larger battery replacement from?

Last edited:
I don't know...i think people who missed out on the original Mini dyring to get one or something. I merely want one for "collecting" to go with the smaller one. Not fussed. Would be best to put the money towards a Retroid Pocket 3+ really...

Where did you order the larger battery replacement from?

Battery was ordered from Aliexpress. I was in two mind on the Retroid pocket 3+
If I was going to go that size though, you might aswell start looking at devices like the Ayaneo air pro or even Steam deck

Battery was ordered from Aliexpress. I was in two mind on the Retroid pocket 3+
If I was going to go that size though, you might aswell start looking at devices like the Ayaneo air pro or even Steam deck
I also have the steam deck, which is why i am hesitant and like the Gameboy style machines.

I also don't have any nostalgia with N64, PS2 or PS3 era games, never had one. NES, SNES and PS1 is actually my jam.

Last edited:
I'm trying to find some kind of project PC to mess with this weekend but then I came across this optimistic listing ha

But on the other hand I was tempted by this

The gumtree one is worth the money, you get a CRT monitor and a shiny mouse.
The FB listing is way too expensive

I hope my RG35XX arrives in the next 2 weeks…should have ordered a UK one instead of trying to save like £10 from ordering direct.

It’s been 6 days now and still not been shipped, if it doesn’t get sent out by Friday i might order a new one from UK seller and give the other one to my Niece when it arrives.

Edit - speak of the devil, just shipped!

Last edited:
I hope my RG35XX arrives in the next 2 weeks…should have ordered a UK one instead of trying to save like £10 from ordering direct.

It’s been 6 days now and still not been shipped, if it doesn’t get sent out by Friday i might order a new one from UK seller and give the other one to my Niece when it arrives.

Edit - speak of the devil, just shipped!
Nice, is it coming on a slow boat from China or air mail?

For the RG35xx where do people advise buying from in the UK?

I've ordered from keepretro and they haven't dispatched yet, said that they are waiting until Friday before it's dispatched and it's still coming from China :(

For the RG35xx where do people advise buying from in the UK?

I've ordered from keepretro and they haven't dispatched yet, said that they are waiting until Friday before it's dispatched and it's still coming from China :(
The second link when Googling 'RG35XX' ‎£63.95. It's classed as an OcUK competitor, even though OcUK don't sell retro handheld devices - they sell laptops, mini PCs and handhelds

Mine came to £72.90 with next day shipping. It was that or order direct for about £68 with fast shipping, but it would have taken ~6 weeks due to Chinese new year! No thanks, I cancelled my order and ordered.

Its been great so far, I have GarlicOS on mine. Someone has even unlocked the GPU which means Batocera, N64, video overlays and I expect other systems and ports that require a GPU (even if its a weak GPU)
The Miyoo mini and mini plus dont have a 3D GPU and have 1.2Ghz CPU instead of 1.6Ghz. If development continues the way it has been, we'll see ports on the RG35XX for games like Half Life, N64 compatibility, Dreamcast compatibility and generally better performance.

Useful links;

*** Emulator Link Removed ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom