What retro things have you done today?

I bought a 939 board, ATX for once and Nforce 4 ultra, I've only used the budget Nforce chipsets.

16910536483544094659506333509165.jpg

Got a weird cap though

16910536698303587904831606758723.jpg

Edit looks like it happened in postage along with the top right cap leaning over a lot (but still connected fine).

Last edited:
Ah fair one. I have had 2 boards in a row that arrived faulty. One went through ebay and they didnt actually refund me even tho it was clearly broken. Just completely ignored everything and somehow got away with it.

Ah fair one. I have had 2 boards in a row that arrived faulty. One went through ebay and they didnt actually refund me even tho it was clearly broken. Just completely ignored everything and somehow got away with it.

This happened to me returning a GB game. The game arrived was in a much worse condition then the photo they used on the ad. Seller agreed to refund me and sent me the returns label etc but after returning the game I never received the refund and the sellers just been ignoring my messages. EBay has now automatically closed the refund and I can’t seem to escalate it with them!

The majority of things I order arrive with woefully insufficient packaging.
I think most people are either clueless or simply don't care.

I had a relatively weighty GPU (GTX280) ship to me wrapped in in clingfilm and shoved in a catfood box which was barely big enough, with no packaging around it whatsoever.

I had a fairly desirable 478 motherboard with a CPU cooler and a fairly desirable GPU (X1950 AGP) shipped to me with no packaging at all just rattling around in the box... Fortunately the box wasn't very large, so they couldn't move a huge amount.

And I had an entire computer in a hefty case (Antec P180) ship to me with no packaging other than some scraps of card hastily taped around it, no padding, and tonnes of gaps... That one was unsurprisingly damaged, the door was detatched, the side panel was a little bent, and it had water spots on it...

And thats just from the past few weeks.

Last edited:
This happened to me returning a GB game. The game arrived was in a much worse condition then the photo they used on the ad. Seller agreed to refund me and sent me the returns label etc but after returning the game I never received the refund and the sellers just been ignoring my messages. EBay has now automatically closed the refund and I can’t seem to escalate it with them!
After I posted that message I thought I would go and escalate it.. Got to a human on the web chat within 1 minute and he closed it in my favour with full refund + postage within about 3 minutes. Worth a try!

The AI bot thing did say it was closed and the decision was final but I just ignored that as I wanted to ask if it was officially ebays stance that if sellers just ignore the whole process that they can get out of refunding.

The majority of things I order arrive with woefully insufficient packaging.
I think most people are either clueless or simply don't care.

I had a relatively weighty GPU (GTX280) ship to me wrapped in in clingfilm and shoved in a catfood box which was barely big enough, with no packaging around it whatsoever.

I had a fairly desirable 478 motherboard with a CPU cooler and a fairly desirable GPU (X1950 AGP) shipped to me with no packaging at all just rattling around in the box... Fortunately the box wasn't very large, so they couldn't move a huge amount.

And I had an entire computer in a hefty case (Antec P180) ship to me with no packaging other than some scraps of card hastily taped around it, no padding, and tonnes of gaps... That one was unsurprisingly damaged, the door was detatched, the side panel was a little bent, and it had water spots on it...

And thats just from the past few weeks.
I would love to know what some of these people think happens at the couriers, that each parcel is delicately placed down in each stage and never has another parcel put on top of it...

I have had some VLB cards literally posted in jiffy bags before.. Expensive and somewhat desireable pieces of history with not even a piece of cardboard to try to stop them from being bent or crushed.

I actually dont mind them, My driver is sound and I can rely on him not busting things, also from a sending perspective my wife works at a drop off point so we can be sure its ok into the van at least
I’ve been quite fortunate then it seems as my purchases have all been very well packaged…I just dread seeing that it’s been sent by Evri :p

I actually dont mind them, My driver is sound and I can rely on him not busting things, also from a sending perspective my wife works at a drop off point so we can be sure its ok into the van at least
That’s a fair point actually, the drivers are fine but unfortunately over the past couple of months it seems 50/50 as to if it actually gets from the depot onto a van! :(

Finally got around to trying to fix my £8 ISA VGA card.
It was sold to me like this: (I knew about it thats why it was cheap)

Bit of poking around with the soldering iron later and:

Happy with that, although I was trying to make a video on it which is now going to be quite short!

Back
Top Bottom