What retro things have you done today?

GeX

GeX

Soldato
I *almost* got composite out working on my Radofin Telesports III. It just has sound mixed in with the video signal at the moment - so will trace and disconnect that.

Soldato
Got myself a new stick for some of my retros.

hcb.jpg

Soldato
Picked these up for free the other day from facebook.

A few added to the collection that I did not have :)

Hey mate, this isnt a sale so hope I'm allowed to offer them to you here? I have no use for these, if theres any you are missing I can send them your way, maybe just cover the postage cant imagine it would be much!

20190914-114752.jpg

Man of Honour
Fired up the Sega Mega CD today.

Disappointingly it seems to have developed an audio issue since the last time I used it.

The standard boot screen audio sounds weird and some in game sound effects don't seem to be correct. I've cleaned the connector between the two consoles to avail.

Anyone have any idea what it could be.

Soldato
No problem, I'm sure it's fine just take this to trust. Send me a PM and we will take it from there :) (obviously many of these use serial keys or tie to a steam account so I cant promise they will all be usable)
That is fine mate a lot of what I collect for is for show although I am very excited to play the OG starcraft again on my period correct hardware!

I will pop a trust over shortly.

Thanks again!

Spiderman 2: The Movie: The Game came out on PC as well as consoles?! I didn't know that! I wonder how well it plays with KBM
TBH mate its not a series I am very aware of but I will give it a play through and report back!

Soldato
Fired up the Sega Mega CD today.

Disappointingly it seems to have developed an audio issue since the last time I used it.

The standard boot screen audio sounds weird and some in game sound effects don't seem to be correct. I've cleaned the connector between the two consoles to avail.

Anyone have any idea what it could be.

Been a while since I had my megaCD but is there a chance some caps have popped?

Soldato
Nipped to the Arcade Club in Bury. There's a huge array of retro arcade cabinets there, many of which are great fun. For me though, the one that hasn't aged at all is Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Off Road Challenge. Pure fun.

Soldato
Think I struck gold today:

2x Voodoo 2 12mb with SLI cable.
Socket 7 motherboard with pentium 100
4 sticks of unknown ram.
And the users manual for the mobo which will no doubt be a lifesaver!

Paid £20 and was assured that it all works. Now these are my first ever voodoo cards but I believe I can test them in my p3 pc as I have a male-female vga lead spare for the passthrough. The rest however will have to wait until I can source an AT power supply or see if ATX-AT adapters exist.

Also these components are on top of a quality Lian Li case which I got for free from FB marketplace! My plex server can finally get a nice home.

Caporegime
20190829-202024.jpg

Picked this lot up for £20. The system is like new condition. Just wanted a good way to play GBA games without having to pay out for an AGS101 SP.

Most the games above are skippable, but may keep ones of the left.

I have a front lit Tribal SP, an original GBA, and an original DS, all with games and accessories and boxes etc... Is this stuff worth something these days?

Soldato
I have a front lit Tribal SP, an original GBA, and an original DS, all with games and accessories and boxes etc... Is this stuff worth something these days?

Not desperately, but the games could be depending on what you have!

The Back Lit SP (AGS-101) is worth a bit now. They did a short run of them before switching to the DS.

Boxed GBA games hold value if they are good titles.

Most DS consoles and popular games go for dirt cheap based on just how many systems and games sold over the years, theres loads out there.

Soldato
Boxed consoles can suprise you for value if they are in really good condition. As for the games first party ones are almost always worth hanging on to. The mario/karts zeldas and pokemons of all nintendo consoles are all worth a few ££

Associate
Think I struck gold today:
2x Voodoo 2 12mb with SLI cable.
Socket 7 motherboard with pentium 100
4 sticks of unknown ram.
And the users manual for the mobo which will no doubt be a lifesaver!

Paid £20 and was assured that it all works. Now these are my first ever voodoo cards but I believe I can test them in my p3 pc as I have a male-female vga lead spare for the passthrough. The rest however will have to wait until I can source an AT power supply or see if ATX-AT adapters exist.

Also these components are on top of a quality Lian Li case which I got for free from FB marketplace! My plex server can finally get a nice home.

That's a Bargain! I really want 2 Voodoo 2's for my PIII Tualatin machine but i can't find any at a price like you got them for!

Had this show up a while ago. Quite an Oddity/Rarity. Media Forte NV1 Graphics card

URaO2u7l.jpg
9w1JvC3l.jpg

Soldato
That's a Bargain! I really want 2 Voodoo 2's for my PIII Tualatin machine but i can't find any at a price like you got them for!

Had this show up a while ago. Quite an Oddity/Rarity. Media Forte NV1 Graphics card

URaO2u7l.jpg
9w1JvC3l.jpg

I tested them in my 1ghz P3 system. Although cool as hell they actually perform worse than the built in TNT2Pro in 3dmark 99 and in GLQuake. This machine normally uses a PCI fx6200 So they certainly wont replace that!

I am not sure where I will use them as they feel overkill for the P100 machine. Might have to work on another set up just for these :)

RE your post - is that a soundcard AND GPU? I absolutely love oddities like these, what is the performance of it like?

Back
Top Bottom