What to go for f you had £350ish

Soldato
OP
Umm I will look into it more when I get some moneys but tbh I am swaying towards a i5 2500k read a few reviews its a good chip.

Any way fingers crossed I get some moneys and its enough to start me new PC :)

Soldato
OP
Well it seems clear to me from what I have read to that I will be going for a i5 2500k :p

Ok so now thats decided I may build me own system around the 2500k or I may just purchase the pre built system thats known to run at 4.6 ummmm.

Thing is I am confident in OC its just I aint 100% I will get the components that will allow me to get to 4.6 where as OCUK have all ready done the hard part for me :p

Soldato
Well it seems clear to me from what I have read to that I will be going for a i5 2500k :p

Ok so now thats decided I may build me own system around the 2500k or I may just purchase the pre built system thats known to run at 4.6 ummmm.

Thing is I am confident in OC its just I aint 100% I will get the components that will allow me to get to 4.6 where as OCUK have all ready done the hard part for me :p

If you are going to go SB route, then keep your eye on the MM. You might get a better deal.

Associate
Not a massive difference, but noticeable. It doesn't make sense investing in old gen tech, unless you can get it from the MM/used at a good price.

Source: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2012/05/01/intel-core-i5-3570k-cpu-review/6

There's only a few fps difference when looking at benchmark results and you most likely won't notice the small fps difference when actually playing games (i know i didn't). The 2500K is much better if you want nice overclocks with lower temps ;). I'd also be very tempted just to hold off for Haswell as the current gen (Ivy Bridge) has been a little dissapointing... For me at least.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, IB has been quite the disappointment compared to when SB was launched. I am hoping Haswell will be as big of an improvement as what SB was, if not more! :D

Although I still choose to pick IB for specs as it is currently a £10 difference and it still holds a performance boost. :)

Back
Top Bottom