What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Just finished American Gods last night, would recommend to anyone, very good.

Seconded this. I had originally planned to watch it 1 per week to pad it out, finished it in less than a week. Excellent show.

Would also recommend Preacher on Amazon Prime.

Only downside is neither offered HDR 4K.

Associate
Rectify.

Finished this last week. WOW! Easily the best Yank TV show I've seen since House of Cards, and absolutely the best drama. Southern Gothic has a troubled, inconsistent history, but Rectify absolutely nails it.

The entire series is carried by just two actors.

Aden Young is flawless as Daniel Holden. Every single aspect of his performance screams authenticity, from his odd speech and quirky mannerisms to his mental instability. I have rarely seen such a powerful performance in cinema, let alone TV.

Adelaide Clemens is heartbreakingly beautiful as the innocent but troubled Tawney Talbot, and her approximation of the garbled mouth mush spoken by rural Georgians is extremely convincing. I loved every minute she was on screen, and it beggars belief that she didn't win any kind of award for her part.

I rate Rectify at 29.97 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a stunning 9/10 on IMDB.

Agree 100%. It seems such a massively underrated and under-watched show.

Associate
Just started watching Mindhunter on Netflix. I'm 2 episodes in so far and I have to say I'm hooked. I find the whole area of criminal psychology facinating, so this is right up my street.

Soldato
Just finished 100 Code on Now TV, pretty good. Different take on Norwich Noir with a New York cop (bizarrely Dominic Monaghan) travels to Sweden following a serial killer and has some new and exciting adventures there.

Quite a few subtitles but a good story.

Associate
I watched Godless, the Western miniseries this week. Any praise i heap on it will sound like hyperbole, but in truth could never be praise enough. It's by far better than anything else i've watched this year, Movie or Television, and i've watched a lot of both!

Man of Honour
I watched Godless, the Western miniseries this week. Any praise i heap on it will sound like hyperbole, but in truth could never be praise enough. It's by far better than anything else i've watched this year, Movie or Television, and i've watched a lot of both!

I fear that Deadwood spoiled me for TV westerns, not sure I will ever see a TV western series as good.

Man of Honour
I fear that Deadwood spoiled me for TV westerns, not sure I will ever see a TV western series as good.

If you enjoyed Deadwood then I don't think Godless will be spoilt by it - sure you probably won't consider it as good but until the end it is well written - the inevitable final shoot out goes a bit Hollywood though has some amusing moments and the ending kind of fizzled out without quite delivering though comes close but the rest is quite immersive without trying too hard to be something it isn't, etc. or getting too bogged down in cliches.

Back
Top Bottom