What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
FINALLY after multiple attempts to get into The Wire, I have managed to crack it. On episode 9 of season 1 now and enjoying it (with subtitles as the sound mix is atrocious).

Associate
Started watching Marcella staring Anna Friel yesterday, really good and very much enjoying it. Already 3 episodes watched and geared up to watch 2 more episodes tonight.

Soldato
The Get Down on Netflix.

It's set in the late 70s in New York, involving the emergence if hip hop. It's fiction, but mixing in some real life individuals and events. I'm not in to hip hop, but it's actually brilliant.

I understand it was seriously expensive to make.

Associate
Just finished watching Manhunt: Unabomber on Netflix - a bit late to this I think but really enjoyed it; binged the whole thing over the weekend... :rolleyes:

Associate
**** me The Wire is good. Im watching the last episode of the first series and can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Also started watching "The Strain" the other day. Loving that too. Proper old school horror and gore from Guillermo del Toro.

Soldato
Just finished season 1 of Ozark on Netflix - quite dark but brilliant character development and plotline, Jason Bateman is brilliant and there are enough twists and turns to keep you glued.

Associate
Just finished season 1 of Ozark on Netflix - quite dark but brilliant character development and plotline, Jason Bateman is brilliant and there are enough twists and turns to keep you glued.
I've been wanting to give this a try but it's another one the wife isn't fussed over - interested to see Jason Batement in something which isn't a comedy.

Soldato
Just started watching Hard Sun

Acting and script a bit crappy but I like the premise so will run with it see where it goes

Started S3 of Mr robot I think tho I hope I'm wrong...a possibility of emperor's New clothes syndrome as I'm beginning to tire a little of it's grand narrative and rhetoric.

Soldato
Currently making my way through Longmire.
Wasn't sure if I'd like it, but i've been enjoying it and now find myself on season 4 already lol

I loved Longmire, and I'm glad Netflix bought it when A&E cancelled it and gave us a couple more seasons so it could end properly. Great characters and it never went over-the-top with the storylines.

It's a shame it's not on UK Netflix yet due to TCM having the broadcast rights, hardly anyone's heard of it.

Back
Top Bottom