What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Same, just started S3 of Shooter. I think the 'not too serious' is important.

Last episode 'lets set up a road block'... so they do it in the most wide open bit of field they could find and they get driven round. Next shot they're in almost a canyon with no space either side...

Soldato
I enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 of Shooter but feel they faced a bit of a problem with having to cut season 2 short at 8 episodes, as S03E01 seems to have been a bit of a mess of trying to tidy up what should have happened at the end of S02 and made it feel disjointed and slow. I'll stick with it as I like the actors and the premise but it needs to pick up the pace significantly.

Associate
Same, just started S3 of Shooter. I think the 'not too serious' is important.

Last episode 'lets set up a road block'... so they do it in the most wide open bit of field they could find and they get driven round. Next shot they're in almost a canyon with no space either side...
Yep, we too found the paltry 'roadblock' attempt particularly amusing :p

Associate
The first episode of the new HBO show, 'Sharp Objects' was excellent and bodes very well for what is to come. This is going to be one of the best shows of the year and likely to clean up at awards ceremonies. From what i've seen it could easily fit into the True Detective ouvre, and would have been a fitting Season 2 to that show. The feel is the same and anyone who loved True Detective is bound to enjoy this just as much.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2649356/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Soldato
Started Queer Eye for some background noise over the weekend and was surprised by how well the new reboot was ended up watching both seasons and got some tips and ideas along the way.

Soldato
Westworld series two. Trying to work out if the opening credits and music are the best bit or whether the confusion that follows is!

Associate
Have recently watched Evil Genius - ace. Manhunter: Unabomber - also ace. 3 eps in on Mr Mercedes and enjoying it a lot. I think I'd watch anything with Brendan Gleeson in.

Associate
Yellowstone - Excellent modern Western starring Kevin Costner. Three episodes in and i'm hooked. It's about a land owning family, their position threatened on all sides by Corporate, Native and other interested parties who would like the land for their own use. Can be watched on the Paramount website if you use a US VPN.

Sacred Games - Indian crime drama from Netflix. Very compelling viewing about a Mumbai Police Officer drawn into a mysterious terror plot with historical roots, hampered by corruption and intrigue.

Soldato
I have started watching the Justice League cartoon on amazon as everyone says its great. It is pretty good fun, but I think its a bit dated now.

It is let down by how two dimensional the characters are.... Pretty much all of the JL are identical in terms of power except Flash and Batman.... And I've never seen this Martian Manhunter guy before, but all he does is get knocked out and never does anything of worth!

Soldato
Just started watching a series called Colony on Netflix, 6 episodes into the first season and really enjoying it so far. While it is about alien invasion in the shortest sense of a description, the concept of the invasion and the actual focus of the show is quite cool.

Caporegime
Just started watching a series called Colony on Netflix, 6 episodes into the first season and really enjoying it so far. While it is about alien invasion in the shortest sense of a description, the concept of the invasion and the actual focus of the show is quite cool.
Saw that when scrolling through Netflix but skipped over it I might give it a go!

Soldato
Nothing at the moment, most shows i watch are off during the summer. and I cant think of anything descent to watch, so i've gone back and watched the first season of Kyle XY.

Soldato
finished American Gods, which I liked a lot. The ending wasn't all that great, and it left a lot of threads hanging for future season/s, though.

Hadn't come up with what to watch next, but.....
I've started watching The Man in the High Castle.
This ^ is one I'd forgotten about, so might try it.

Watching Bojack Horseman currently, quite good so far half way through the second season.
Bojack is phenomenally good when you get to season 3. S1 and S2 are both great, but it steps up a level after that. I've not watched S4 yet - saving it for a bit

Back
Top Bottom