What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Saw that when scrolling through Netflix but skipped over it I might give it a go!

I ended up watching the 2 seasons on Netflix within 2 weeks, it just kept me wanting to know what was going to happen next. It isn't the most groundbreaking story line but I found it really enjoyable watch and it can be quite brutal as well which was good. Overall I thought it was great and definitely recommend it.

Watched as you guys did S1 + S2 along with S3 over the last week or so then found out a couple of days ago that it's been cancelled with no conclusion at the end of S3 either... :(

Soldato
Watched as you guys did S1 + S2 along with S3 over the last week or so then found out a couple of days ago that it's been cancelled with no conclusion at the end of S3 either... :(
Where did you watch S3 out of interest? I read that it's not going to be on Netflix until next year!

Soldato
Watching season 3 of The Expanse again after binge watching it in a day last week, makes almost all other sci fi out there look embarrassingly bad by comparison.

I know a lot of people never got past the first few episodes of season 1 but I can only recommend in the strongest way that to power through. It's deliberately slow to introduce all the players and give a solid backstory and understanding to their motivations.

The tail end of season 1 and all of season 2 are solid, S3 is probably one of the best series of anything i've watched ever.

Soldato
I watched it the same way the majority of users in the US tv show thread watch TV shows. I though the show was very good and I'm disappointed that it's been axed, I'm hoping Netflix pick it up.
Ahhh right ok got you thanks. Yeh agree hopefully Netflix invest in it and carry it on under their name.

Associate
just finished Final Space which i liked a lot and is easy watching with not much concentration needed.

Starting f is for family now and so far so good.

Need to start watching shows other than animated.

Man of Honour
Watching season 3 of The Expanse again after binge watching it in a day last week, makes almost all other sci fi out there look embarrassingly bad by comparison.

I know a lot of people never got past the first few episodes of season 1 but I can only recommend in the strongest way that to power through. It's deliberately slow to introduce all the players and give a solid backstory and understanding to their motivations.

The tail end of season 1 and all of season 2 are solid, S3 is probably one of the best series of anything i've watched ever.

Wish S3 would hurry up and appear on Netflix or Amazon, or whoever it is that's going to be showing it. Heard so many great things about the third season.

Soldato
Wish S3 would hurry up and appear on Netflix or Amazon, or whoever it is that's going to be showing it. Heard so many great things about the third season.

Afaik, it's the only season of a show apart from Breaking Bad season 5 to achieve 100% rating on rotten tomatoes.

I'd imagine it'll be on Netflix pretty soon.

Associate
Just finished season 3 of Peaky Blinders. Each season seems a bit rinse and repeat of double crossing, looking like its going completely wrong before its magically saved at the last second. Odd cliffhanger that I want to see what the start of season 4 brings. I do love Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy though.

Gave Cuckoo a go. Season 1 was pretty good and then season 2 changed an actor which was very jarring as she played the character very differently. And also The change from Cuckoo to Cuckoo's son.... noped out after the first episode.

Gone back to Toast of London. enjoying it more this time as got a bit bored of it after the first couple of episodes the first time. just started watching other things and didn't come back to it. Its great and a like Matt Berry. No idea why it didn't click before.

Have watched a few episodes of Bojack Horseman which is pretty strange. trying to fill my Rick and Morty random cartoon fix. Its doing a decent job and I will likely stick with it. wanting to give Final Space a go too.

Soldato
I did get around to watching Buffy with the kids in the end.

On episode nine now and it's been a great hit. The kids love it and want to watch it every evening after dinner. Eldest has even learned the theme tune on guitar! I am really enjoying seeing it again too - and sharing it with the boys. It also gives me a lot of opportunity to launch into "well, in the mid-90s a lot of people didn't have computers/you had to dial into the internet from your phone line/nobody had mobile phones/etc." - which is fun! :)

Between that and Ash vs Evil Dead when my wife has been watching Love Island it's been TV heaven for a while!

Soldato
Watching Lilyhammer on Netflix. Has the guy from Sopranos in it. I'm on season 2 and it's excellent.
Steve van Zandt, also from Bruce Springsteen's E-Street band.

I've wanted to watch Lilyhammer for a while, so pleased it turned up on Netflix. Was weird it wasn't already on there, being a Netflix produced thing. Not tried it yet

Soldato
Last episode of Flash Forward tonight.

I can see why it was canned, they've done nothing but recycle the same episodes over since about the 3rd or 4th. Felt compelled to watch it as Joseph Fiennes was awesome in his performance as Merlin in another recent watch, Camelot.

Caporegime
Last episode of Flash Forward tonight.

I can see why it was canned, they've done nothing but recycle the same episodes over since about the 3rd or 4th. Felt compelled to watch it as Joseph Fiennes was awesome in his performance as Merlin in another recent watch, Camelot.

Is that the one where everyone is missing a certain amount of time as the world stopped for 10 minutes or something?

Permabanned
Just finished season 3 of Peaky Blinders. Each season seems a bit rinse and repeat of double crossing, looking like its going completely wrong before its magically saved at the last second. Odd cliffhanger that I want to see what the start of season 4 brings. I do love Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy though.

S4 is pretty much the same. Not great.

Back
Top Bottom