What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Rolling through series 5 of Bojack Horseman. Episode 6 " Free Churro" was......mind blowing. A landmark piece of television and it's a cartoon!
I felt the same about the underwater episode in Season 3. It's an incredible show!

I've not watched 4 or 5 yet. Had been saving it, not wanting to blast through too fast.

Edit:

my thoughts at the time:
Bojack Horseman season 3.

Just watched ep4, Fish Out of Water. Oh my, just one of the best episodes of anything I've ever seen. BH is always pretty high quality , but this one just captures the series theme of loneliness and isolation beautifully. A real high point.

Associate
Watched 'The Sinner' on netflix with the wife. We both enjoyed it. I like these type of things that don't drag out forever and tie it up nicely by the end! Then I read there's going to be a S2, though it could be entirely different for all I know.

Associate
An oldie but goodie :)
latest

Associate
Netflix just dropped Maniac. Directed by Cary Fukunaga and starring Jonah Hill and Emma Stone. So far it's amazing!

Last edited:
Associate
Finished season 1 of the Deuce, loved it, what a cracking story with some decent performances. Grim and very x rated but decent.
Season 2 has just started with the aids/heroin epidemic being the theme, looks interesting.

Soldato
After seeing some comments on here I started Bojack Horseman. Never really considered it before tbh.

I've done the first two episodes and I think I'm gonna love it.

Soldato
Netflix just dropped Maniac. Directed by Cary Fukunaga and starring Jonah Hill and Emma Stone. So far it's amazing!

I started this last night, it was late and I fell asleep towards the end, I will have to give it another go, from what I did watch of the 1st episode, it was quite hard to understand what it was about.
Does it get better and explain things ?

Soldato
Always fancied Fringe but never got around to it
frown.gif

For me, essential viewing is:

Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Westworld
The Expanse

Watched/Currently watching/Recommend:

Final Space
Last Man on Earth
Big Bang Theory
Modern Family
Archer
Bobs Burgers
Family Guy
American Dad
South Park

And just started The Good Place, only 2 episodes in and 20mins long, but some good laugh out loud moments.

Soldato
I'd love to get back into watching a series again. I loved watching Ray Donovan. But I had a break down over the past year and I find is hard to settle and watch things again. Not looking for sympathy, I just feel, I guess, not at ease zoning into things of anything really.

Associate
I started this last night, it was late and I fell asleep towards the end, I will have to give it another go, from what I did watch of the 1st episode, it was quite hard to understand what it was about.
Does it get better and explain things ?

Try it when you're not tired. It's not hard to follow for the few episodes i've seen so far. It reminds me a little of some Terry Gilliam films. Slightly surreal and a bit dystopian. Emma Stone is captivating as always. Jonah Hill puts in the best performance i've ever seen from him. Loads of originality and always something interesting going on. I think most people here are going to be into it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5580146/?ref_=nv_sr_1

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maniac/

Soldato
Just finished the fourth series of Inside Number 9 which had been sat on my dying Virgin Media box before I replace it. I really like the series, sort of Black Mirror-ish but with a couple more laughs.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Peaky Blinders... just finished series 2.

So good i have bought 2 flat caps and a trench-coat

Amazing series.

Soldato
Get Some in - 70's comedy show about RAF National Service in the 50's. Some non-pc comments and familiar faces, but i caught the first episode on youtube and ended up buying the DVD (5 series).

An acquired one, but i am enjoying it!

Back
Top Bottom