What TV shows are you currently watching

Caporegime
Catching up with Bodyguard. Only finished ep 2 but to say
shooter on the roof's fingerprints weren't on any system? I got the impression they both served in Afghanistan so they were both in the army. His prints would be in half a dozen systems by default!
it's good though!

Soldato
Just watched the season finale of Shooter (S3?) and I think they might have pushed the 'why the .... would they do that?!?!' meter right to the limit. I almost don't know where to start.

So, the guy plants a bomb, raises security, then tries to suicide bomb the target? He was in the building with her. In his car with her? What's he waiting for?

Then, Red pays some guy $200k to walk slowly towards Bob Lee's house, making as much noise without actually shooting at anyone as possible? Yeah, clearly a pro.

"He's not in the house, he's sniping in the hills"

"We'll make him come to us" - no you wont, he's sniping for gods sake!!! The whole point is he'll do it from a safe distance. Oh no... wait... yeah, that would be too sensible, he's coming to you... you were right....

Soldato
Catching up with Bodyguard. Only finished ep 2 but to say
I don't know - the quality of BBC output has declined, they seem to be producing a series of suspend reality/unrealistic 'drams' with titillation of sexual content, is this becauase this is what international market requires ?
McMafia, The split, Dcotor Foster, now bodyguard.

On the other hand on the other side though, the new series of 'No Offence' was good , and (exception proving the rule) BBC last night 'Killing Eve', where for both, the femail lead policemen do not take themselves too seriously, some self-deprecation which is more of an English behaviour, but the USA would not understand.

Man of Honour
I've started watching Halt and Catch Fire and also Life on Mars again. Two fantastic series which are just as good with another watch.

Caporegime
I had forgotten how good normal TV (and the BBC) is. Absolutely loving Bodyguard! It has a couple of flaws but for me at least, it's a damn good gripping drama. Decent production values as well.

Back
Top Bottom