What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Late to the party but started The Bear, and binging through it. What a series, a proper love letter to food and mental illness. The Fishes episode is haunting - funny, bleak, scary and anxiety inducing.

Soldato
Just started Eric on Netflix, Benedict Cumberbatch plays a self centred puppeteer whose son goes missing in ‘80’s New York. Only one episode in but will watch more.

Associate
Baby Reindeer - 6.5/10

Well written and acted. A very uncomfortable watch in places Episode 4 especially. Maybe an episode or two too long is my main criticism.

Soldato
Started Resident Alien series three on now. Love this simple little sitcom, for some reason the opening credits always make me laugh and then the episodes are amusing too.

Associate
Watched a couple of big-name series and must admit not for me.

Fargo 4. Having watched Fargo series 1-3, they vary in quality but are overall decent. I was in no rush to watch Fargo 4 as reviews were mixed. However, with season 5 released last year, I thought I would work through four and then go onto five.

Season 4 has some familiar stars if you watched Italian Mafia series Gomorrah or Suburra. Agree with the critiques, overlong and lacking. Started Fargo 5 and its much better.

Boardwalk Empire Season 1

I heard good things; although I must be missing something - I was hoping this was going to be Tommy guns and all that. It's slow, a bit of violence, politics, throw in some bonking scene and repeat. Does it get any better?

Onto good things I have been watching lately - Tales of the Unexpected!

A famous TV series from the late seventies, iconic opening theme, often some episodes were written/introduced by children's author, Roald Dahl. Many famous UK/US actors of the day starred (Joan Collins, Charles Dance) some of the episodes were very dark - it's good!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was looking for a new comedy to watch and found myself starting Young Sheldon. I wasn't really expecting much from it (I watched a bit of Big Bang Theory but found it got boring after a few seasons). Got to say Young Sheldon is much better.

Soldato
I was looking for a new comedy to watch and found myself starting Young Sheldon. I wasn't really expecting much from it (I watched a bit of Big Bang Theory but found it got boring after a few seasons). Got to say Young Sheldon is much better.

We watched YS from the start - enjoyed it, innocent comedy, laughter and sadness throughout. Great time to start it as the show has just finished it's final season (7). Not sure if we'll watch the next show (a spin off of a spin off!)

Caporegime
A friend suggested Devil in Ohio, which I think I tried watching quite a while back.

Clearly, I didn't stick it out, but I'm giving it another go.

Soldato
Making my way through the UKs version of Wallander with the lovely Kenneth Brannagh.

I've seen the original Swedish version but can't really remember much.
There are two Swedish versions both excellent IMO. You have the TV movies with Rolf Lassgard and then the episodic TV series with Krister Henriksson

Soldato
Been doing a bit of a re-watch lately and watched a good amount of The Mentalist, Psych and Criminal Minds. Not sure what to go on to next!

Back
Top Bottom