What TV shows are you currently watching

Started watching The Rig. Mostly to test the new TV out more than anything. Two episodes in and seems alright so far.

Also about half way through Clarkson's Farm Season 3.

I had a free day today so i watched all 8 episodes of ahsoka, I was hoping this would be good but found it really disappointing.
I really liked the animated series clone wars and rebels but this was pale in comparison. Bad acting, dialog and poor choreography to name a few things i didnt like. In the animated series ahsoka is an amazing fighter, in this she was terrible.
Overall ive liked most of what Filoni and favreau have done but the recent stuff just isnt as good. Maybe they're running out of ideas.

Decided to give From a try, blasted through season 1 in a couple of nights. It’s not as good as The Walking Dead but not bad at all.

It’s sadly been a while since I’ve watched anything gripping that gets you hooked.

From is an odd one, solid premise and some aspects are well executed, but sadly I've got a feeling they are basically just making it up as they go along and some bits are overplayed or just don't work as well as they maybe sounded on paper. Still I'll be watching season 3.

I finally got round to watching the last 3 seasons of GoT (yeah I know, bit late or what ). Action really took off, but boy Emile Clark character going from wearing all white to all black in the space of 1/2 an episode wasn't exactly the most subtle way of signalling a massive character shift.

Last edited:
Finished Animal Kingdom on Amazon. Overall it's a very good show, a cross between Point Break and Oceans 11 perhaps, but I'm unsure of the finish. I get how it might work in a film, but in a TV show, spread over many years, it seemed a little odd to me.

Still suffering Prison Break on behalf of my wife and now she's torturing me with The Walking Dead: Darryl Dixon.

Only watched the first episode and I must have face palmed half a dozen times.

I gave up on The Walking Dead after five or six seasons, but she carried on, although I did watch the last half a dozen with her. They didn't convince me that I'd missed anything good.

Finished Supacell. Enjoyed watching it and the last episode had a few twists and sets up nicely for any future seasons.
Great seeing something shot in the UK on Netflix as usually full of US stuff.
Yeah, I really enjoyed Supacell. Though I would've wanted 1 more episode but really hope we get another season. Never know with Netflix.

Started watching Sunny on Apple TV. Only the 1 episode so far but quite enjoyed what I saw. Only 35 minutes an episode as well which I do quite like. When everything is 60 minutes an episode it can be daunting to start.

What we are really looking for is something like The X Files. Really enjoyed watching all of that recently. I do love a good over arching story but TV seems to be missing self contained episodes. Everything is trying to be the next Iliad

I saw 2 episodes of Ripley last night. Rather good so far.

Based on the 1999 film 'The Talented Mr. Ripley'.

Edit: I've now seen all 8 episodes, and I thought it was very good indeed. I actually enjoyed it more as the story unfolded/progressed further.

Last edited:
Can't actually find a thread on this but as a filler after having a rerun through Stranger Things, we've been watching Star Trek Prodigy.

Have to actually say of all the recent ST iterations it's actually the most enjoyable. Decent story line, decent characters, a bit of humour, little to no "woke" or minority agendas, just good old fashioned entertainment. Yes it's animation and apparently ditched it so was picked up by Nickleodean and Netflix but even though it's billed as a kids' show, actually suitable for everyone.

Watched Dark Matter - really liked this. 7.8/10

We're watching this too, about 4 or 5 episodes in so far and I'm enjoying it, but I love sci-fi time travel stuff like this. I read the book while on holiday so i know roughly how it goes but it's always good to get a reminder about a few things I've forgot!

I believe there're a few changes from the book too (nothing too major I don't think) but my memory sucks and it was about 4 years since I read the book so most of it seems new anyway! :cry:

Last edited:
We're watching this too, about 4 or 5 episodes in so far and I'm enjoying it, but I love sci-fi time travel stuff like this. I read the book while on holiday so i know roughly how it goes but it's always good to get a reminder about a few things I've forgot!

I believe there're a few changes from the book too (nothing too major I don't think) but my memory sucks and it was about 4 years since I read the book so most of it seems new anyway! :cry:
oh didnt know there was a book ... might have to check that out. I like sci-fi time travel stuff also - btw have you watched the series(s) travelers ... IMO another really good one.

Back
Top Bottom