What TV shows are you currently watching

I have two episodes left of Presumed Innocent. Looking back most people are saying 'yeah, pretty good', which I guess is where I would land at this point. Not great, but shot and acted well. Part of me thinks not actually a lot is happening. I thought there might be more investigation and revelations, but it's kind of a 'lets watch how this plays out'. Also, maybe there will be a twist of some kind, but am I supposed to be pulling for a guy that cheated on his wife and family?

I don't get that show at all - I only watched 2 episodes but it felt like it was either going to pan out the predictable way it was telegraphing, or overly telegraphing it as some kind of bluff and either way that is kind of boring.

This is my concern, Haunting of Hill House was fantastic, such a deep story and well written characters.

I love paranormal that is driven by well a thought out story, rather than just relying on suspense and jump scares. It's why I enjoyed the Ring and Shutter so much.

I guess the big thing was Hill House was pretty revolutionary in a way, really different to most stuff before it. Bly Manor and House of Usher follow similar styles so it doesn't feel as novel, but i'd put them both above just being "ok"

I finished the Offer last night, excellent all the way through for me. It's great seeing Giovani Ribisi keep smashing roles out the park after thinking back to being Frank on Friends!

I have two episodes left of Presumed Innocent. Looking back most people are saying 'yeah, pretty good', which I guess is where I would land at this point. Not great, but shot and acted well. Part of me thinks not actually a lot is happening. I thought there might be more investigation and revelations, but it's kind of a 'lets watch how this plays out'. Also, maybe there will be a twist of some kind, but am I supposed to be pulling for a guy that cheated on his wife and family?

I think the main way it ends helps to justify his actions. He acted pretty erratically throughout a lot of the show and had a lack of composure. Until the end reveal it's a bit annoying but then the end kind of helps explain why he was doing his best to keep control of the investigation

My concern with this type of show is that it's now getting a bit repetitive. There was Defending Jacob, then Your Honor and now this which are all kind of the same story. They've all been well done and alone were really good shows, but i worry that it's going to end up with more and more mediocre copies.

What really baffles me in this type of show is how the police generally seem irrelevant. Why does a murder not involve a homicide squad who's held responsible for catching a killer and instead it's all left to the prosecuting lawyer? Just seems madness!

Last edited:
Just binged the three seasons of Mayor of Kingstown.
I thought it was great, season 1 being my favourite, but the rest is still good.

The Iris storyline was a tough watch for me in S1. I didn't much care about her in later seasons, stupid decisions.
Been binging this as well, almost finished season 3. Great show and Renner is awesome.
Agreed on your spoiler point.

What really baffles me in this type of show is how the police generally seem irrelevant. Why does a murder not involve a homicide squad who's held responsible for catching a killer and instead it's all left to the prosecuting lawyer? Just seems madness!
Yeah, I was thinking this. In Police shows there's never the court case either...

I guess the big thing was Hill House was pretty revolutionary in a way, really different to most stuff before it. Bly Manor and House of Usher follow similar styles so it doesn't feel as novel, but i'd put them both above just being "ok"

I finished the Offer last night, excellent all the way through for me. It's great seeing Giovani Ribisi keep smashing roles out the park after thinking back to being Frank on Friends!

Yeah I really rate him, and I'm thinking back even further to when he was in the X-Files with Jack Black.

He was excellent in Sneaky Pete as well.

Been binging this as well, almost finished season 3. Great show and Renner is awesome.
Agreed on your spoiler point.
Absolutely top show, I'd rate it extremely highly, not just because of the storyline and acting, but because it is brand new idea, in terms of the role that the central character (renner) plays in the community.

Last edited:
Been rewatching Westworld - I'd forgotten how good season 1 was, though some things could have been developed better, but sadly quickly loses it's edge in season 2 and goes downhill from there.

New rumours of season 5 happening, but not confirmed.
Season 5 would be great!

Westworld season 1 and 2 were great. 3 was a bit off and the 4th one was just plain weird.

I can see where they were going with the humans enslave robots, robots turn and enslave humans and then we end up back at the beginning again... but it was just done badly and seemed boring towards the end.

Back
Top Bottom