What TV shows are you currently watching

I finished the Offer last night, excellent all the way through for me.
Just finished The Offer too, not really knowing much about The Godfather, it being before my time and probably just too long for me (I might try now, in two sittings). Very good TV though, although I feel the first half was better than the second half. I thought there might have been loads on IMDb about bits that are true and which aren't, but there's only one comment in Trivia about that, not all the gangster stuff was true basically...

I enjoyed the journey of Lost but it went nowhere and I'd never watch it again. A lot of the enjoyment was discussing it with friends, coworkers etc.
I've watched lost through about 3 times now. I really enjoy it up to the last, or second to last, season when it went a bit weird. The beginning to middle makes it worth a watch through every now and again.

I finished the Offer last night, excellent all the way through for me. It's great seeing Giovani Ribisi keep smashing roles out the park after thinking back to being Frank on Friends!
Finished this last night and thought it was fantastic. I also realised that Giovanni Ribisi played the medic who was killed in Saving Private Ryan. He played Joe Colombo perfectly amongst many great performances.

I think the main way it ends helps to justify his actions. He acted pretty erratically throughout a lot of the show and had a lack of composure. Until the end reveal it's a bit annoying but then the end kind of helps explain why he was doing his best to keep control of the investigation

My concern with this type of show is that it's now getting a bit repetitive. There was Defending Jacob, then Your Honor and now this which are all kind of the same story. They've all been well done and alone were really good shows, but i worry that it's going to end up with more and more mediocre copies.

What really baffles me in this type of show is how the police generally seem irrelevant. Why does a murder not involve a homicide squad who's held responsible for catching a killer and instead it's all left to the prosecuting lawyer? Just seems madness!

It's not just that, it's also that as soon as they get an idea in their head, however unlikely or whatever they will refuse to even consider the possibility that their suspect isn't the right one, and do their darn best to ignore any new evidence. This happens in pretty much every Police show I've seen too. The other deceives in Bosch, are a great example of that.

I also never got in this show why more wasn't made of the lead prosecutors obessions/love of the deceased. It strikes me that he was the one who she actually had issue with at work and was considering filing a HR complaint. The defence never really brought that up much.

The Turkish Detective and recently also enjoyed The Jetty, Rebus and Douglas is Cancelled. For non fiction Canal Boat Diaries, Narrow Escapes and plan to watch the current series of Secrets of the London Underground.

Back
Top Bottom