What TV shows are you currently watching

Nothing new that I fancy recently so still rewatching older shows.

The Inbetweeners. A 9/10 show for me. I'm about half way through season 2, so halfway overall.

Normally I avoid shows with so much smut and toilet humour, but this is a guilty pleasure. I rewatch this every couple of years and the jokes never get old.

Probably watched the whole show at least 5-6 times and about the same for the first film. Second film only a couple of times, it's not as funny.

rp2000

Did anyone else catch the two final episodes of Sheldon last night? This is one of the few shows that I watch religiously and have enjoyed since its beginning. A bit sad that it's over.

Watched Ep 1 of Ludwig on BBC iPlayer last night, was a bit too twee for my liking so not sure we'll carry on with it.
I had this recommended by a colleague and my other half liked the look of it too. Should have know man better. It’s a Death in Paradise clone and is completely unbelievable and repetitive. I thought it would be a good arc about him finding his brother but it’s just “oh there’s been an unrelated murder in the town” and off we go. Rinse and repeat. I’m very bitter because my girlfriend is enjoying it and I want to start The Penguin :mad:

Last edited:
Sweetpea on Sky Atlantic. Ella Purnell plays a long down trodden character who, in her head, has a list of people, who’ve somehow wronged her, she’d like to kill. Then her beloved dad dies and she snaps.

2 episodes in and I’m really enjoying it.

Am currently watching Citadel Diana on prime, much better than the main show i think, more atmospheric and not as cheesy.
Interesting. Do you think it's worth re-watching the original show before starting this spin off? Initially I was gonna avoid the foreign language spin-offs (subtitles, LOL), but if you say it's better than the original.....

There is another spin off, Citadel: Honey Bunny, set in India next month.

rp2000

Interesting. Do you think it's worth re-watching the original show before starting this spin off? Initially I was gonna avoid the foreign language spin-offs (subtitles, LOL), but if you say it's better than the original.....

rp2000
Watched 2 episodes so far and it is decent, set 8? years after the original series so not directly linked(so far). Defaulted to english dubbed so just left it at that.

Sweetpea on Sky Atlantic. Ella Purnell plays a long down trodden character who, in her head, has a list of people, who’ve somehow wronged her, she’d like to kill. Then her beloved dad dies and she snaps.
Really enjoyed the books - 5 of them now, IIRC.
Waiting for the whole series to drop so I can binge the TV series

rp2000
Finished it now and it is better than the original for sure.

I wouldn't say a rewatch of the main show is necessary as there are no characters from that so just knowing the basics of what citadel and manticore are is enough.

I found it surprising that with what was obviously a much lower budget for this series the makers have made a much more stylish and overall better looking show than the main one as there is no really dodgy cgi in this and the sets and locations just look better.

Didn't know about the other spinoff but after watching this i will definately check it out.

Last edited:
Lost in space season 3. Family centric show predominantly in space for a twist. They lean more into family drama then the potential of a space series.

I kind of thought the point was that they were all terrible people. All were out for themselves.

If I was to rate them. Hill House >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> House of Usher>>>>>>>>Bly Manor.

Hill House stands apart as being genuinely fantastic whereas the other two are just OK.

Finally caught up with Bly, loved it, more so that Hill House I think. For some reason I felt a greater connection with the characters and their relationships.

The final episode left me an emotional wreck though!

I've still got Usher and Midnight Mass on the list, no rush though!

Back
Top Bottom