What TV shows are you currently watching

Sweetpea on Sky Atlantic. Ella Purnell plays a long down trodden character who, in her head, has a list of people, who’ve somehow wronged her, she’d like to kill. Then her beloved dad dies and she snaps.

2 episodes in and I’m really enjoying it.
Just started this last night, first 2 eps were great. Although Sky Atlantic only seemed to have eps 1,2,3,5 and 6 available....

Just finished Scavengers Reign on Netflix last night. After a slow / strange start as you acclimatise to what’s going on, I was drawn into it. The imagination on display and creature design is top notch. I hope they do another series.

Gangs of London (Netflix) S1

The main brother Shaun annoys me, totally miscast, and there is a one-man army copper but at least he plays the part.

Talking of police officers. There is never a copper in sight whenever the mob/gypsies/mercenaries let rip. They each pack enough hardware to take on the Death Star and not a peep!

It's so bad, it's good. :D

Just finished S5 The Boys, which was pretty poor imo and am now 1.5 into Gangs of London, which also is a bit of a struggle.
Just started Gangs of London - 5 episodes gone. Enjoying it - thought the gun fights in ep5 were superbly well done. But kind of "off" the main story a bit.... seems to jump around a fair bit.

Just started Gangs of London - 5 episodes gone. Enjoying it - thought the gun fights in ep5 were superbly well done. But kind of "off" the main story a bit.... seems to jump around a fair bit.

Those 4,000 round mags are amazing :D

It seems as though it might have been written to be 4 season's, but budgets cut it right down to making the viewer guess how people can just turn up and be accepted into the underworld like that along with many other WATS..

I'm 8 in and will continue, but it will not be one I would consider watching again, as I know I wouldn't have missed anything first time ;)

Just finished Shogun myself. Masterful acting all around! Hiroyuki Sanada is great in pretty much everything I've seen him in and goes up a level in this. Anna Sawai (Mariko) plays her part beautifully as well.

Agreed. Yabushige was probably my favourite character but as you say some great acting all around

Agreed. Yabushige was probably my favourite character but as you say some great acting all around

Yes, I could agree with that, Yabushige was played excellently by Tadanobu Asano and his character had much more scope to display his barbarity, humour and internal conflicts. I'd nearly forgotten the same actor was in the Thor films as he was quite forgettable in those.

Back
Top Bottom