What was everyone's 1st pc and game?

Associate
ZX Spectrum+2 though I have no memory of getting it working since I was too young and it belonged to my dad. So very first PC was some custom machine my Dad bought from a friend and I was either playing Prince of Persia or Mortal Kombat in DOS mode.

Associate
Pong game on a Binatone console ohh back somewhere like 79/80 IIRC, then had them all speccy,vic 20, 64,ST, Amiga, even had a Amiga CDTV then I think I got a 386 as my first pc (some german firm never heard of them before or since) and then spent my time trying to figure out how to get doom working.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Fun School on the BBC Micro for me. I was very young and the BBC Micro was old at the time (born in 85).

My fondest memories are with my Dad. Visting his friends house who had a trackball mouse with which I played Full Throttle & Doom II. Later we had a BNC network in the home office and played Geoff Crammonds F1 & Doom II multiplayer. At this time I think I was the only pupil in my school with a computer a home, never mind LAN gaming. I'd love to re-experience all that for the first time again, my dad passed 5 years ago and I could re-live those days over and over.

Soldato
My first computer was ZX81 (I wanted a Spectrum but couldn't afford one). The first games I played would have been some 1K type-ins from magazines. One of the first games I bought (when I got a 16K RAM pack) was a Psion Role Playing game tape with two very slow adventure games written in BASIC. Of course then I got 3D Monster Maze and 3D Defender.

First IBM compatible PC was an Escom (remember those?) desktop Pentium 90 with S3 onboard graphics, and no L2 cache because it had 8GB EDO RAM. First game I played on it was probably DOOM. I eventually upgraded that with more RAM, a Matrox Millennium for 2D games, and a 3Dfx Voodoo 1 for 3D. Quake on the Voodoo was incredible compared to the software renderers.

Back
Top Bottom