What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
You got it with the bracelet nice :cool:

My mate with the 58 got the leather strap option and was wincing at the £600 Tudor quoted him for the bracelet lol. He's now looking to sell/trade the 58 for something else, likely a Pelagos as he has said he's lost confidence in the reliability of the 58 having had it into Tudor for nearly 6 weeks before for movement and bezel pip failures. He doesn't seem to be alone either which is a shame but I think he has also just got a bit bored of it and wants something that's a bit more robust and toolwatch-like hence the Pelagos.

Soldato
You got it with the bracelet nice :cool:

My mate with the 58 got the leather strap option and was wincing at the £600 Tudor quoted him for the bracelet lol. He's now looking to sell/trade the 58 for something else, likely a Pelagos as he has said he's lost confidence in the reliability of the 58 having had it into Tudor for nearly 6 weeks before for movement and bezel pip failures. He doesn't seem to be alone either which is a shame but I think he has also just got a bit bored of it and wants something that's a bit more robust and toolwatch-like hence the Pelagos.
That's a shame. I can see how you would fall out of love if you have such issues. The Pelagos certainly looks like more of a work horse. This is a bit more delicate than even the Seamaster I would say.

It's rose gold (aka pink gold) coloured, so that's what that means.
Durr - got it. Makes sense. I guess they have steered clear from the word rose gold/gold as they have the S&G model.

I'm now on the hunt for a 1.4mm screwdriver :rolleyes: looks like Wera only go to 1.8mm so I've opted for an eBay special... wish me luck.

Associate
Nice BB58. What's the wait like on these now? Last time I enquired (probably 18 months ago), the wait was many, many months. I'm tempted by the blue now and I think they are much easier to come by.

Soldato
Nice BB58. What's the wait like on these now? Last time I enquired (probably 18 months ago), the wait was many, many months. I'm tempted by the blue now and I think they are much easier to come by.
You'll never believe it... but I got insanely lucky. I actually ordered it yesterday at 09:55. :p I imagine it was a stock glitch that put it up for general sale before an AD could reserve/add it to the soft lock inventory. The website now shows out of stock so it was definitely the last piece. Some sites are actually showing it as in stock but once you click through it suddenly goes to out of stock.

I love the blue but I already have the blue Seamaster, otherwise I may have gone that way.

Edit: On second thoughts it looks like the BB58 broadly looks to be generally available now - good news to anyone not in the whole AD schmoozing game. lol.

Last edited:
Associate
You'll never believe it... but I got insanely lucky. I actually ordered it yesterday at 09:55. :p I imagine it was a stock glitch that put it up for general sale before an AD could reserve/add it to the soft lock inventory. The website now shows out of stock so it was definitely the last piece. Some sites are actually showing it as in stock but once you click through it suddenly goes to out of stock.

I love the blue but I already have the blue Seamaster, otherwise I may have gone that way.

Edit: On second thoughts it looks like the BB58 broadly looks to be generally available now - good news to anyone not in the whole AD schmoozing game. lol.

Amazing - you really did get lucky with that. Having never actually seen one in the flesh, I've been waiting for shops to re-open (and get stock) so I can try one on. I tried the original BB on and didn't like how chunky it was. The BB58 is a much better size.

Man of Honour
Baltic have today posted some new teasers on the new super comrpesser Aquascaphe. I asked if it was the same dimensions as the current range and they said it's actually slightly thinner, the Aquas I have are a bit over 12mm inc crystal.

Interested to see what movement this uses, and if it's got a display back, but so far I really like the case finishing, still not sure if it's Titanium or SS, they never said it wasn't Titanium when asked in comments in the last teaser and they already have SS and bronze so Titanium would make total sense.

zUxjbDF.jpg dv0kCxf.jpg jJOjziD.jpg

If the price is right then this will be my 3rd Baltic.

Associate
Looking forward to seeing the Baltic.
As you said, the case looks good with nice brushing. The dial looks a bit ropey in those shots but it might just be some odd crystal distortion.

Man of Honour
That model is hard to tell the time in most average lighting conditions indoors. Mate bought one and was the first comment. The version with the lighter coloured hands is quite a bit better but the digital display is still hard to read too lol.

So in effect, looks cooler than other Gs, but takes twice as long to glance at the time!

Soldato
UgrUKvE.png

Got this Blast in to play with, incredible but far far far too pricey for my pockets!

Stunning piece of work and craftsmanship, I find it all to hard to look at the time though. Rather than tell the time I'd probably spend ages just watching the parts do their thing.

Soldato
That model is hard to tell the time in most average lighting conditions indoors. Mate bought one and was the first comment. The version with the lighter coloured hands is quite a bit better but the digital display is still hard to read too lol.

So in effect, looks cooler than other Gs, but takes twice as long to glance at the time!
Didn’t really think of readability. Oh well.. I’ll see what it’s like when it arrives :D looking forward to it.

Associate
They're totally different watches, given the GMT function and rotating bezel and date function vs time only?

Also, one is far more in demand than the other, with waits of months/years for the GMT vs. weeks/months for the Mil.

Never been much of a watch person but I saw a picture of the GMT II Black/blue the other day instantly fell in love. Checking the Rolex website the price isn't as bad as I thought they were (expecting +£10k) however didn't realise these were so in demand.

How would a noob register interest in a GMT. After lockdown should I rock into a local AD and ask them to put my name down on a list?

Soldato
Never been much of a watch person but I saw a picture of the GMT II Black/blue the other day instantly fell in love. Checking the Rolex website the price isn't as bad as I thought they were (expecting +£10k) however didn't realise these were so in demand.

How would a noob register interest in a GMT. After lockdown should I rock into a local AD and ask them to put my name down on a list?
Basically. And buy lots of other bits and pieces from them if it makes sense to. And don't hold your breath, it'll take a year or two.

Soldato

It just depends on your AD, some seem to favour those with big spendy spendy history, and others seem to just have a waiting list or 'expression of interest', and others say they're centrally managed by their head office (if it's a big chain) and priority is given by spend history and also known retention of watches. Some have got in hot water from the AD for selling on watches they've bought (and not always for profit) e.g. by checking serial numbers in adverts, and been barred from buying from them again! Just ludicrous levels of monitoring.

Others have been able to get them within weeks despite not buying other trinkets, others waiting for years.

Pot luck by the sounds of things.

Back
Top Bottom