What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
That will look amazing on an orange natural rubber Tropic in orange^^^

Saw a new Tag on insta today that actually, even with date window, isn't bad looking at all, and the bezel texture is on point.

Just look at it! https://www.tagheuer.com/gb/en/event/tag-heuer-aquaracer-professional-200-solargraph.html

Soldato
That will look amazing on an orange natural rubber Tropic in orange^^^

Saw a new Tag on insta today that actually, even with date window, isn't bad looking at all, and the bezel texture is on point.

Just look at it! https://www.tagheuer.com/gb/en/event/tag-heuer-aquaracer-professional-200-solargraph.html
I like that, interesting being solar powered, a 2 day charge lasts 6 months and no battery, just the accumulator.

Soldato
Quite possibly. I'd never heard of them but liked one of their watches. I think I will avoid however.
Don't take my word for it tbf, I think it is just because I've grown to loathe SCHMEE150 and I think he was sponsored by them a while back.

Edit: also their FAQ reads like it was written by a right *******

Man of Honour
They're using the Sellita basic variant of the SW-200 series which is fine, but they are asking for prices that should be for watches using the Top grade variant of the same movement. They certainly seem like the gloried fashion brand of watches you see at inflated prices, the styling certainly fits that sort of target audience though too! If you like unique dials and designs etc then Zelos is where my money would go but they often sell out so just gotta jump on it when a new stock drops.

Associate
Speaking of compressor... bought that from Ali for... less than 60 quid shipped! Sapphire sandwich, Miyota movement, 200M water resistance. Screw down crown. Finish is /impeccable/ ! Rubber bracelet is super comfy. Amazing value really. They have 'quieter' colours, but I wanted a rather loud one really, I think it's a pretty cool 'tool' watch and seriously, for the money, what an incredible bargain!
For about 20 quid more, you can get your own 'brand' on the watch face and the rotor.
eHdAjsB.jpg

Soldato
Is the steel on the bracelet a different finish to the watch case? the hue looks a little different to it!
Yeah, honestly it's a million miles off being perfect but it wears so much nicer. The bracelet itself weighs about 1/10th of a legit Omega one too. It's also brushed not polished.

I'm definitely going to get the latest Speedy bracelet in due course.

Soldato
Yeah, honestly it's a million miles off being perfect but it wears so much nicer. The bracelet itself weighs about 1/10th of a legit Omega one too. It's also brushed not polished.

I'm definitely going to get the latest Speedy bracelet in due course.
My speedie is away with Omega at the moment actually, so the joke's on me!

The 3871 movement once in maybe 20 times was getting stuck at 3 seconds and I think (although I didn't test it) it was running a bit out of spec.

Quick collection from Pride and Pinion and they got it to Omega within days. That was on the 13th June so we shall see when it comes back to me. They state they're doing a 'Complete Service' so fingers crossed the issues are resolved. I am missing it though :(

Soldato
My speedie is away with Omega at the moment actually, so the joke's on me!

The 3871 movement once in maybe 20 times was getting stuck at 3 seconds and I think (although I didn't test it) it was running a bit out of spec.

Quick collection from Pride and Pinion and they got it to Omega within days. That was on the 13th June so we shall see when it comes back to me. They state they're doing a 'Complete Service' so fingers crossed the issues are resolved. I am missing it though :(
Ah man that is a shame. Was it the stop watch that was getting stuck? Or the minute/hour hand? I did think my stop watch was sticking but convinced myself it was in my head.

Soldato
Ah man that is a shame. Was it the stop watch that was getting stuck? Or the minute/hour hand? I did think my stop watch was sticking but convinced myself it was in my head.
Oh I should have specified, it was the chronograph (stop watch).

Would rather it be perfect and sorted under warranty (although it is quite a long warranty).

Back
Top Bottom