What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
Thanks! I do have a now ancient "still life" section in my pages (is it even called that any more??) but I really should bring it up to modern times as soon as I finally get round to doing this revamp of the site etc and add these in!

Man of Honour
Sideprojects did a cool video recently on the Quartz Crisis:

And a zoomy lok at Sellita vs ETA in action:

As Alan Partridge would say, "nice action"

Sellita SW210-1:
caseback-zoom_20220723_004420.gif

Sellita SW215-1:
caseback-zoom_20220723_005039.gif

ETA/Peseux 7001:
caseback-zoom_20220723_004924.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Fancy seeing you here!

This video may answer your questions - check at 5:40

So I've watched about five videos on this watch and somehow missed this one and he goes into great detail on the notifications which seems fine, I really like the style and retro look but I've since learned it's a traditional battery, can't charge it and it's not solar powered, that's kind of put me off :(

Soldato
So I've watched about five videos on this watch and somehow missed this one and he goes into great detail on the notifications which seems fine, I really like the style and retro look but I've since learned it's a traditional battery, can't charge it and it's not solar powered, that's kind of put me off :(
I personally take that as a big plus - you don't have to worry about charging it for 1-2 years depending on usage! Looks quite OK to replace too as it's just a CR2032, which are very cheap indeed.

With rechargeable, it's typically a sealed unit with a proprietary battery that will eventually die anyway with use. This fully replaceable (and designed to be user replaceable) battery means it'll have a functional lifetime well beyond most rechargeables.

Soldato
I personally take that as a big plus - you don't have to worry about charging it for 1-2 years depending on usage! Looks quite OK to replace too as it's just a CR2032, which are very cheap indeed.

With rechargeable, it's typically a sealed unit with a proprietary battery that will eventually die anyway with use. This fully replaceable (and designed to be user replaceable) battery means it'll have a functional lifetime well beyond most rechargeables.

Oh you can replace it yourself? I didn't realise that, hmm tempted to order one but still concerned about the notifications and if the vibration is strong enough to wake me up. Also there is no way of telling the watch what notifications you do and don't want

Still, really like the look of it, might be worth ordering from Amazon and returning if it doesn't work out

Soldato
Oh you can replace it yourself? I didn't realise that, hmm tempted to order one but still concerned about the notifications and if the vibration is strong enough to wake me up. Also there is no way of telling the watch what notifications you do and don't want

Still, really like the look of it, might be worth ordering from Amazon and returning if it doesn't work out
The lack of choice about notifications would really bother me; it's a surprising omission, and honestly one I imagine they would resolve with an update. That is unless they offer a 'more premium' smart watch already and this is a means of differentiating between the grades - do you know if they do?

The wake-up by vibration thing would be too personal for a review to tell you I think. Only you will know what works for you when you try it.

Soldato
The lack of choice about notifications would really bother me; it's a surprising omission, and honestly one I imagine they would resolve with an update. That is unless they offer a 'more premium' smart watch already and this is a means of differentiating between the grades - do you know if they do?

The wake-up by vibration thing would be too personal for a review to tell you I think. Only you will know what works for you when you try it.

Yes there's a G-Shock with WearOS but it's over £400

I think I'll skip these, thanks for your help

Associate
Managed to finally snag a Tudor BB Pro, from eBay new with stickers and AD receipt included, £3180 which I believe is now £10 over the revised RRP, should get it in a week once it gets through eBays authenticators.

Soldato
Well my Apple Watch went for a 6 hour swim in the sea and returned. I was out paddle boarding and got hit by a big wave which knocked me off, and my watch strap broke sending it into the sea. “Find my” showed it being where I was sat, but it wasn’t so I didn’t a bit of sea looking, tide was going out so i just assumed it’s gone, locked it on the app anyways with my number to call if found. Around 6pm I thought I’d check the app to see it’s location and it was about 4 roads down from where I lost it, with an address, so I popped it into maps and just as it was loading the location my phone rang “Hello mate I was walking down the beach and see your watch coming in the swell”

Got it home, put it on charge, gave it a bath to get rid of the salt and it’s absolutely fine. I can’t believe I got it back!!

kai

kai

Soldato
I have been in touch with Longines in Switzerland trying to find out more information about my great grandfathers watch. They have found the records; and confirmed its fitted with a manually wound mechanical movement, caliber 281, and was invoiced 1965. It's solid gold. They matched up the serial number given with an appraisal paper we found from 1969.

CxWo3xi.png.jpg

Got the call from my AD and picked this up just over a week ago. Immediately went on a Swiss trip and used it as my only watch - loved it!
:D
How do you find the Oysterflex strap in terms of an everyday watch ? I only have a few months left wait (i hope!) on my Yacht-Master

Associate
Really happy with the Tudor BB Pro, bracelet feels amazing, and the clasp is the best ive seen, not too much thicker than my BB 58, lost no time overnight, significantly different to my BB 58 so I can justify keeping both. Sold a Grand Seiko SBGN003, and Oris Aquis Carysfort to get it and regretted selling the Grand Seiko until I put the BB Pro on. Also it reminds me of the Tudor North flag which was on the list for my 40th, but ended up with something else.

The eBay authentication service went quicker than expected, was expecting it in over a week but delivered in 2 days.

Associate
Really happy with the Tudor BB Pro, bracelet feels amazing, and the clasp is the best ive seen, not too much thicker than my BB 58, lost no time overnight, significantly different to my BB 58 so I can justify keeping both. Sold a Grand Seiko SBGN003, and Oris Aquis Carysfort to get it and regretted selling the Grand Seiko until I put the BB Pro on. Also it reminds me of the Tudor North flag which was on the list for my 40th, but ended up with something else.

The eBay authentication service went quicker than expected, was expecting it in over a week but delivered in 2 days.
Such a nice watch, need pictures!! I'm on the wait list for this, do wonder how the thickness compares to the BB58?

Soldato
Back from where? Did you have it serviced?
The chronograph was getting stuck at about 3 seconds, once in about 20 times of me using it. I message the dealer where I bought it and they arranged for it to be collected and sent to Omega. It got a full service under warranty to (hopefully) resolve the issue. It hasn't done it since I got it back but time will tell!

Associate
Thickness is a non-issue, and only noticeable when swapping between the Pro and 58, I was on a wait list as well although couldn't wait anymore as id sold two watches to get one of these hence why I went the eBay route, looking at the receipt they payed £3080 in April, must have thought they could make some money on it.

I set it around 20:00 Wednesday against time.is and its still bang on having lost no time.

Associate
Only just got this back having had it repaired due to water damage (I'm an idiot). The crown / stem was rusted, so I ended up getting a new one fitted. I was concerned that the cause of the water ingress might have been due to the age of the glass, but thankfully that wasn't the case.

20220710_180251_by_saiper_df8yxi1-fullview.jpg
Amazing, best watch I've seen on here.

Back
Top Bottom