What watch do you wear?

Associate
It's a nice strap but better suited to a classically styled chronograph as those straps are used in automotive racing chronos typically I'd say! A Hirsch Arne or similar would suit the Unimatic quite nicely though. Lightly textured, a nice tapered curved to the upper, and a sporting aesthetic.

Or something like this:
Thanks MRK, that does look like a nice strap. I did purchase a standard black as well, might give that a whirl.

Soldato
Hey everyone. For my dad's 70th I bought him a Christopher Ward. I'm now looking to get something similar for my mum's 70th. Can anyone recommend a women's watch brand which does decent stuff, isn't one of the usual high street brands, but also doesn't cost insane money ( looking at up to about £500)?

Thanks!
Not usual high street, women focused and around £500 probably isn't a good combo if I'm being honest... you're basically thinking 'microbrand' or less well known watch brands.

Microbrands are more focused on male buyers because lets be honest men are a higher percentage of watch buyers and to be honest less well known watch brands normally mean slightly higher prices.

I was going to suggest looking at Hamilton because the first things that popped into my head the Oris rectangle watches but they're outside your budget and I knew Hamilton did something similar...the ardmore, sort of a cartier tank sort of vibe but with it's own twist.

They also have the ventura but it's a little more than your budget even with 15% off

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
wristshot_desklight_night.jpg

This week's rotation. Thermally blued hands and deep gloss dials really are a fantastic combo.

Soldato
Hey everyone. For my dad's 70th I bought him a Christopher Ward. I'm now looking to get something similar for my mum's 70th. Can anyone recommend a women's watch brand which does decent stuff, isn't one of the usual high street brands, but also doesn't cost insane money ( looking at up to about £500)?

Thanks!

If you're happy with the cw, they have just released a 36mm version. Got to say I've been impressed with my recent purchase

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive got the 39mm Pelagos. Went into the AD a few hours after it was launched and got the call Friday afternoon. I'm coming from the S&G Blackbay with the leather strap. Very happy with what ive got.

I'm considering one again. AD has sold their display piece so I'm top of the list. What's the worst that'll happen, I'll sell it on. For me I was originally underwhelmed, but with a BB58 getting zero wrist time I'm tempted to change the out. This week it's been ranger and OG Pelagos.

Soldato
I'm considering one again. AD has sold their display piece so I'm top of the list. What's the worst that'll happen, I'll sell it on. For me I was originally underwhelmed, but with a BB58 getting zero wrist time I'm tempted to change the out. This week it's been ranger and OG Pelagos.
It's just like an understated BB58 IMO. I am quite drawn to it as the BB58 does give off flashy vibes a bit too much.

Soldato
Managed to secure a steel bracelet for my Master Control Calendar, the '21 just came with a leather strap, the '22 has minimal changes to the watch itself, but comes with a steel strap. The jewelers got me a steal on it too, near 40% off retail tbh but I've a good relationship with them (Client rapport works I guess, they get my returning custom time and time again). Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

e8342dc610005d2329911589b3c449d7dfae3fb0.jpg

Soldato
Managed to secure a steel bracelet for my Master Control Calendar, the '21 just came with a leather strap, the '22 has minimal changes to the watch itself, but comes with a steel strap. The jewelers got me a steal on it too, near 40% off retail tbh but I've a good relationship with them (Client rapport works I guess, they get my returning custom time and time again). Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

e8342dc610005d2329911589b3c449d7dfae3fb0.jpg
Lovely watch, got any proper pics?

Back
Top Bottom