What watch do you wear?

Soldato
It's just like an understated BB58 IMO. I am quite drawn to it as the BB58 does give off flashy vibes a bit too much.

For not too flashy look my Tudor Ranger is perfect. I agree re flashy problem more and more hence no date sub no longer worn and sits in a deposit box.

Tried Pelagos 39 on previously and wasn’t sure, but having a think again.

Last edited:
Associate
Not a fan of the colour but the design is nice

In case you want to take a look they have plenty of other dial color options available ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
For not too flashy look my Tudor Ranger is perfect. I agree re flashy problem more and more hence no date sub no longer worn and sits in a deposit box.

Tried Pelagos 39 on previously and wasn’t sure, but having a think again.
Thickness for me was what turned me off the Pelagos. I need to stop spending anyway so I'll keep the BB58 for a while lol.

Associate
Very different indeed, and not bad at all but I still like its "classic" look better when it is on a lovely brown leather strap like in your previous posts ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I know this might seem a strange comment... have you got the strap on the right way round? It just seems a llittle weird for the JLC logo to be upside down when you look at it....and most images on their site seem to show it the other way up.
Funny story but we had a lad at scouts who sewed on all his badges on his arm upside down. He said it was so he could look at them himself. Brilliant.

Soldato
I know this might seem a strange comment... have you got the strap on the right way round? It just seems a llittle weird for the JLC logo to be upside down when you look at it....and most images on their site seem to show it the other way up.

Not a strange comment at all, could well be. The shop stuck the strap on, I'll swap it round. It was early I'll forgive him lol.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Speaking of that, I hate when you see watches worn with the two piece straps the wrong way round, well I say wrong but it seems wrong because up until recently, straps have always had the tail on the outer of the wrist side, to inner. Seems various luxury brands and Grand Seiko are doing it by installing the tail side on the inside of the wrist. Strangely though they don't' do it on all models, only a large number... Leading me to think if it's just a certain batch of staff that put it on that way round at the factory whilst the other stick to the normal orientation.

To me this seems weird and uncomfortable because you've got the bulkiest bit of the strap tugging on your inside wrist rather than falling on the thinnest area of wrist behind the wrist bone. Also looks wrong lol.

Back
Top Bottom