What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Very nice, I also went for Sinn for my 40th, went for the same bracelet also. Lovely watches, hope you enjoy.

Sinn 103 ST SA Flieger 03 by Andy Baker, on Flickr
Nice! That a 103? I was really tempted by a 103, or a 358, but it would have stretched the budget too much, and I felt the 104 is a perfect daily wear for me. Love chronos though, and the limited edition 103 panda dial is epic!

Soldato
I'd love to own one but it is far too showy for me. I couldn't wear it in a work situation without feeling a bit awkward.

I also think the entire population of where I live is wearing Subs, Sky Dwellers, GMTs, Daytonas, etc so I'm really turned off of the idea of a Rolex now. The only one I'd really like is a classic Dell Boy half precious metal; because that is epitome of the overly cologne'd male who sells insurance - and that sums up OG Rolex for me.

Soldato
Talking of Tudor, I've just treated myself to a Black Bay 58 this evening. Love the size of the face, and it fits perfectly on my wrist, very happy! I normally wear leather strap watches, but thought to change it up this time (no pun intended).

Got a free Wolf watch winder aswell, no idea if it's a good brand but I'll take it.

Rich (BB code):

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hamilton have announced a blue and white dial version of the Khaki Pilot Pioneer Mechanical.

On one hand, always nice to have options, but on the other hand I feel this dilutes the original re-issue philosophy similar to how Tudor re-issue the classic designs then add different colours and market those even more drawing attention away from the OG re-issue. I like the white dial as it shows the dial texture more, the blue one seems to mask it more. Still prefer the black, but the white certainly looks nice, even if it's not historically accurate given the W10 connection.

Speaking of which, put one of the spare Barton Cordura straps on mine and feel it gives it a bit of extra elegance:

barton-brown_2022.09.16_1010-42_00001.jpg

barton-brown_2022.09.16_1010-53_00002.jpg

Hi guys, I have just picked up a Unimatic watch which has nato straps, not too keen on it, therefore can anyone stear me towards a good leather replacement strap, max cost £30?

Watchgecko and Watchobsession have loads of strap options that you will find better than that stock nato strap. Just filter by lug width and choose something you like.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Also keep in mind that the unimatic nato straps have signed buckles, so depending on the new strap you buy, if the taper is the same at the buckle, then you can simply transfer over the signed buckle keeping things looking neat.

Back
Top Bottom