What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Does anyone have any suggestions for a watch/brands to look at around the £150 - 200 mark? Recently lost my omega sadly and need something new. I'm not sure I appreciate the high end watches enough to spend much on them, so looking for something simple that looks nice and works well. I'd like a date function in there and don't like too chunky straps or 'thick' number indicators on the dials. Also not a fan of gold, so silver coloured would be great. Am flexible on the dial colour.

Had started looking at smartwatches at this price point as well, but prefer the idea of a normal one :)

Any suggestions welcome!

Soldato
Does anyone have any suggestions for a watch/brands to look at around the £150 - 200 mark? Recently lost my omega sadly and need something new. I'm not sure I appreciate the high end watches enough to spend much on them, so looking for something simple that looks nice and works well. I'd like a date function in there and don't like too chunky straps or 'thick' number indicators on the dials. Also not a fan of gold, so silver coloured would be great. Am flexible on the dial colour.

Had started looking at smartwatches at this price point as well, but prefer the idea of a normal one :)

Any suggestions welcome!
Sorry to hear about your Omega, are you not able to claim on your contents insurance for a replacement?

Around that budget I would be looking at Timex or perhaps Seiko, although I think the former sounds like it might be more up your street.

Associate
I registered with my AD over a year ago when Tudor announced the Black Bay Ceramic and yesterday out the blue got a call saying they had got one i had first refusal. Needless to say i went down today and did the deal.

Wears smaller and massively lighter on the wrist than my Pelagos LHD. Its really hard to photograph because the glass bounces the light so much but you get the idea

<Snipped photos>
Awesome pics! How are you liking it? I registered for one back in May so a bit of a wait for me if it took around a year for you. i've seen a couple pop up on preowned stores/chrono24 and happy to see they resell below retail so hopefully less incentive for flippers trying to get them.

When I went in to my local AD to enquire about it, I mentioned that I still hadn't been able to see one in the flesh, he said to give him a minute, came back from the stock room and said he had a chat with his boss as they have one in the back which is already allocated to a customer for first refusal but he's got approval to get it out for me, let me try it on and that sort of thing. Really appreciated that as I had a different AD which looked at me like I was a piece of rubbish that had blown in off the street when I enquired.

The one I did try on had the black fabric strap put on rather than the hybrid, I really felt it took a bit of the chunkiness out of it, but in saying that I didnt try it with the hybrid so can't be sure. Do you have a strap preference?

Soldato
Am I being mad thinking about getting one of these? I think they look good but appreciate you’re paying a fortune for a quartz watch because Omega…

These are unobtainium at the moment. Search it in this thread to see all the drama that ensued when they were released.

Soldato
These are unobtainium at the moment. Search it in this thread to see all the drama that ensued when they were released.
Cheers. Had as quick scan and they sound super cheap. I actually fancied one for myself as bored of my Seiko Cocktail Time and fancy a chrono. However seems the quality is very poor so won’t dwell on this anymore.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That's because they are super cheap in all but the RRP. The movement is your everyday Swatch jobby you'd find in a £50 watch. The pushers pop out, some folks found the crown broke off... The paint on the underside transfers onto skin, the strap is like cardboard, the list goes on.

Last edited:
Soldato
My mate at work has one his wife bought him for their anniversary at an inflated price (although they seem to be coming down a bit now, they were 4 figures when they first came out) and to be fair has had none of those problems others have had. They are what they are, a cheap plastic swatch dressed up like a Speedy.
I have 3 Omegas that I have posted on here but I would definitely get one or maybe two of these if they were available for RRP.

Soldato
Grand-Seiko-High-Moon-44GS-2.jpg

Just stumbled across this, it's very nice... Limited to 1500 pieces. Spring drive (beautiful sweeping seconds hand) with power indicator on the rear, 30 jewels.

Anyone seen one in person? Are they chunky or slim? Can never tell from photos.

6,900 MSRP. I really like it but may have to wait a few months and use the excuse of a big birthday to buy it or I'll get a talking to. :cry:

Associate
<Grand Seiko>
Are you anywhere near London to call into their boutique and possibly try it on? If so, really recommend, I've called in once in the past to enquire about a model (which they didn't have in stock) but they let me try on models with the same thickness and weight to get a sense of the watch. Also asked if I'd like to try on some of the more expensive pieces which were way outside my budget but absolutely no pressure to buy. Really helpful bunch!

One thing they mentioned (might be industry standard tbf, but I appreciated it) is that since they didnt have it, I could buy it online to be delivered to them and then I could come back in, try it on and try other models on alongside it just to make sure it is definitely what I wanted, and I could get a refund if I ended up not liking it.

Soldato
Are you anywhere near London to call into their boutique and possibly try it on? If so, really recommend, I've called in once in the past to enquire about a model (which they didn't have in stock) but they let me try on models with the same thickness and weight to get a sense of the watch. Also asked if I'd like to try on some of the more expensive pieces which were way outside my budget but absolutely no pressure to buy. Really helpful bunch!

One thing they mentioned (might be industry standard tbf, but I appreciated it) is that since they didnt have it, I could buy it online to be delivered to them and then I could come back in, try it on and try other models on alongside it just to make sure it is definitely what I wanted, and I could get a refund if I ended up not liking it.

Good shout, I'm not near London no. My usual dealer does have them in stock and I have good rapport with them though, so they'd get the watch in for me to check out, try on etc and likely get some discount for return custom. Think I'll pop in and have a word :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
YEMA have a new micro rotor movement in the works, actually looks very cool. In-house too. Up until now only the Chinese had a cost effective micro rotor which Baltic used in the MR02, all others are ridiculously expensive Swiss stuff it seems.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Tag seem to be releasing some odd stuff as of late. The aesthetic doesn't match the Mario collaboration at least on that watch, also looks quite huge.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
It's their F1 watch, right? They've just changed it to maria kart for this version is all, afaiaa. All for the rich kids...

Associate
Thought it might be worth asking here first, and we're going to get it valued, but does anyone have any idea how much a mint (never worn) 1986 Rolex Oyster Precision 557 is worth? Silver with a black face. It is in the original box with all the paper work, guarantee and even the receipt from the shop it was bought from.

Back
Top Bottom