What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Man these Japanese models are beautiful, the German silver hand engraved dials :cool:

Edit*
Price converted... £16,934 :o

Last edited:
Associate
Have this guy on today, been on the shelf for a while - seems the norm these days for me not to wear a watch - shame as I have a few nice ones.

20221019-102736.jpg

Soldato
Yeah but you photoshopped that one too with your skillz.

That Omega is lush. No shade on the TAG, but the dial pales in comparison to its neighbour!
Yeah the TAG pales in comparison but it was a gift from my wife when we got married so has sentimental value.

Out in the wild the TAG gets more noticed than the Speedy. I guess it's because non-watch and general people know more about TAG Heuer than they do about Omega or the Speedy.

They also can't make sense of everything going on the dial of the Speedy.

Associate
Pixel Watch. Wasn't set on a smart watch but the design drew me in and the useful features keep me interested.

uc
How are you finding it? I got drawn into the Apple watch years ago which was ok, but I physically felt sick at spending that amount of money on something which would inevitably be useless a few years down the line.

Associate
I absolutely don't see what the fuss is about, a normal production line plastic watch with a cheap swatch movement and plastic strap is selling for £250 and the world is going mad to want one?!

Bonkers!

As he says, the concept is great, but the demand for it seems purely based on the fact that it has an Omega stamp for £250.

I Quite like them in the sense that they look the part and are incredibly cheap. After an altercation a few years back I refuse to wear my Super ocean while on a night out of heavy drinking and I usually opt for a modest Eco drive, because I wouldnt care if anything happened to it and that is the appealing side of these Swatches.

Soldato
How are you finding it? I got drawn into the Apple watch years ago which was ok, but I physically felt sick at spending that amount of money on something which would inevitably be useless a few years down the line.

I really like the design, screen and UI is pretty and responsive. I had to give it back though as it came in a phone bundle and I'm returning the phone.

I wouldn't pay RRP for one, as the battery lasted me 14hrs, I need more like 18hrs on a charge.

I aim to pick up the 2nd gen with the Pixel 8.

Soldato
I really like the design, screen and UI is pretty and responsive. I had to give it back though as it came in a phone bundle and I'm returning the phone.

I wouldn't pay RRP for one, as the battery lasted me 14hrs, I need more like 18hrs on a charge.

That's why I bought a Fenix 7 Solar Sapphire, 20 plus days of power.

Associate

How come you're returning the phone out of interest?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom