What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Thought it might be worth asking here first, and we're going to get it valued, but does anyone have any idea how much a mint (never worn) 1986 Rolex Oyster Precision 557 is worth? Silver with a black face. It is in the original box with all the paper work, guarantee and even the receipt from the shop it was bought from.

Take a look on chrono24 to get a rough value on similar watches.

Soldato
Pixel Watch. Wasn't set on a smart watch but the design drew me in and the useful features keep me interested.

uc

Soldato
I picked up the GS Spring Drive 55th anniversary the other day after going to have a look. It's beautiful in person.

Needed a microfibre cloth for the sun shot, I can tell you the case is scratchfree it's just the light hitting dust etc. The dial is gorgeous and the spring drive movement is so damn smooth, you need to see it in person to believe it!

Last edited:
Associate
Just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy watch 46mm LTE to a Samsung Galaxy watch 4 Classic 46mm LTE.
The features on the new one are amazing. The battery, not so much.
The old one used to get 3 - 4 days (No AOD, but everything else running)
New one currently gets 2 days. But I believe there has been a recent update that gives quite a bit more usage (Just not been released on the LTE version, yet)

But Yeah, I like my smart watches. More so Samsung to go with my Samsung phone.
Don't get me wrong I love older watches. But I get bored really quickly looking at the same face day after day. (A bit like looking in the mirror LOL)
I like the fact that I can keep an eye on my dodgy ticker. But I do take the watch reading with a pinch of salt (So to speak) But it's a good reference.

Transmission breaker
Don
Popped into the swatch shop on Oxford Street today, as I had a meeting very close by, and I am still on the hunt for buying a retail moonswatch.

It appears there is some sort of racket going on.... It seems like they get regular small deliveries of Moonswatch (some say shortly before 10am), and apparently a group of "heavies" are buying them all on, or before opening from what I have read online. They also monitor the store, and are on first name terms with delivery drivers who are carrying the watches to the stores before opening.

When I popped in around lunch-time, there was two large guys hanging about the front door, and the staff said they knew nothing about it, and that they were "sold out quickly" each day. My best bet was to keep coming back, and checking in daily (which is impossible for most people to do!). They refuse to acknowledge when regular deliveries are, and were very cagey when I asked about the guys hanging about outside, they refused to comment.

Whilst I myself have no "proof" of wrong-doing, I think there are organised gangs intimidating the store staff to buy the watches (certainly the most popular models) before they go on sale to the public.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I absolutely don't see what the fuss is about, a normal production line plastic watch with a cheap swatch movement and plastic strap is selling for £250 and the world is going mad to want one?!

Bonkers!

As he says, the concept is great, but the demand for it seems purely based on the fact that it has an Omega stamp for £250.

Soldato
I absolutely don't see what the fuss is about, a normal production line plastic watch with a cheap swatch movement and plastic strap is selling for £250 and the world is going mad to want one?!

Bonkers!

snip

As he says, the concept is great, but the demand for it seems purely based on the fact that it has an Omega stamp for £250.
It's one of those weird situations I'd say....when it was first announced I was like...oooh I'll have one of those, it was '£250' so nothing bank breaking and looked a bit of 'fun'.

Then it was instore only which meant I had to go to London because I sure wouldn't travel further to go Edinburgh or Glasgow... that just wasn't going to happen and I decided to wait until it was available online.

Enjoyed watching the video's of scalpers lining up for the watch not even knowing what they're going after (we all saw them on here)

Watched some reviews and realised that it's basically a £50 watch at best and decided I'd put the £250 towards a more expensive watch that I'll wear more often.

.... and it's still can't be bought online lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Prices have dropped considerably since launch though. I've been watching a few on ebay. If you bought one from a scalper in the first month then that value has gone and likely will continue to go only one way.

Soldato
Y'all can hardly whinge about the price. Most of us are wearing $lol stainless steel watches because SwIsS :cry:

Build quality we can knock for sure. It is a shame the pushers are so pathetic. Price hasn't been "cost plus margin" since about the 1800s lol.

Soldato
Y'all can hardly whinge about the price. Most of us are wearing $lol stainless steel watches because SwIsS :cry:

Build quality we can knock for sure. It is a shame the pushers are so pathetic. Price hasn't been "cost plus margin" since about the 1800s lol.
But us watch lot buy it for the artisan, hand finished and complex mechanical engineering inside.

Right?

Right guys?! Ah ****… :D:cry:

Soldato

But us watch lot buy it for the artisan, hand finished and complex mechanical engineering inside.

Right?

Right guys?! Ah ****… :D:cry:
And because shiny!

Soldato
I picked up the GS Spring Drive 55th anniversary the other day after going to have a look. It's beautiful in person.

Needed a microfibre cloth for the sun shot, I can tell you the case is scratchfree it's just the light hitting dust etc. The dial is gorgeous and the spring drive movement is so damn smooth, you need to see it in person to believe it!
Lovely, you should have posted a GIF of that sweet sweet movement... :D

Back
Top Bottom