What watch do you wear?

Surely it demonstrates the opposite given that the three brands mentioned are much more prominent in the minds of most people as far as watches are concerned.

Though I do agree, he is a bit annoying if you take everything he says at face value. Lots of it seems to be fairly obvious trolling though there is some truth beneath some of the satire.

I see your point, but if anyone wears a fake with an exclusive name like A Lange & Sohn, when the build quality of a real Breitling or Rolex surpasses it, is clearly only out to try and impress their peers.

imag0198zzc.jpg

Can't see it from the photo but that is a lovely watch! :cool:

I think he meant he scratched an itch and bought it. :p:D

Agreed though, lovely watch!

Thank you and yep Richy is correct! :D - Ordering a black strap for it, I like the metal bracelet but it's a bit blingy for me, I'm definitely more of a subtle kind of person.

Go Phate!

People, this man is a bad influence :p

I'll take some proper SLResque photos tonight for y'all :)

Congrats on the new watch Phate! Very nice :cool:

I'm going to a local jewellers today to look at a Fortis Flieger Automatic and a Fortis Pilot Professional Day/Date. They're listed at £730 and £760 respectively.

Is there any expected discount at this price point? Is there a figure I should aim for?

Also, the Flieger has an ETA 2842-2 movement and the pilot has a 2836-2. Is there any major difference between these apart from the addition of a day function?

Ta.

Last edited:
Also, the Flieger has an ETA 2842-2 movement and the pilot has a 2836-2. Is there any major difference between these apart from the addition of a day function?

I think 284* are lower grade movements... 2836, 2824 are very common eta movements - can't go too wrong with them.. and the 289* are considered a bit better... obviously each movement comes in diff grades too...

Have you considered Stowa too? I don't own either but I'd assume that Stowa had a better finish and AFAIK would be more accurate, looks wise, to the originals - Stowa (the brand at least) was one of the original manufacturers of Flieger watches.

On the downside you'll have to wait a few months between ordering and actually receiving the watch..

Thanks dowie. I haven't considered a Stowa. I'll look into it. I went and had a look at the Fortis Flieger and it was a bit underwhelming. It didn't feel as solid as my old Spacematic GMT.

I'm keeping a very close eye on the range of Kemmner watches (erkahund on eBay). The reviews seem to suggest that these are excellent watches for the money.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/erkahund/m.html

i got this laying around..

my dad gave it to me he had it for over 30 years AFAIK i even remember this watch from the days i was a little kiddo.. it doesn't work(needs new bat) and over all it needs restoration i really can't find the model of it too see if its worth restoring and how much it could cost.. it does say on the back that it was 22k gold plated... but most of it is obviously GONE.

i can sorta make out the numbers on the back

NO 7809M

if you have any idea how much it would cost to restore it or who to contact about it, it would be cool! it really has a lot of sentimental value for me :)

Back
Top Bottom