What watch do you wear?

ppwrist_s.jpg

Wow I have not seen you around in years, If I remember right you are the guy who had a Sony Vio with bugs behind the screen?

Your company hosted OCUK forums at one point right?

Well done on the watch, not to my taste but hope you enjoy it.

Wow I have not seen you around in years, If I remember right you are the guy who had a Sony Vio with bugs behind the screen?

Your company hosted OCUK forums at one point right?

Well done on the watch, not to my taste but hope you enjoy it.

Yes, damn critters.. had to warranty the unit!

And yes.. we still host the OcUK Forums :)

Hi to all those who've said Hi too :)

Thanks,

That's the iwc Portuguese that I still and will always have (engagement pressie)

I like that one a lot and that Rolex Explorer with the white face...

The TAG F1 though... I reckon its a good thing you got rid of that - still I'd love to have a collection like that.

And some ive sold in the past 12-18 months,

IWC 3227 is in the post above

Tag f1 gulf

http://i257.photobucket.com/
Panerai 380

[IMG]http://i257.photobucket.co/hh230/cyrusir/IMG_0079.jpg

Breitling Navi

cbe1b695d.jpg

IWC Flieger chrono

IMG_20120128_151748.jpg

Tudor Heritage

d1d28075.jpg

Panerai 000

P1010968.jpg

Also had a Breitling Blackbird, Tag Aquaracer and a Rolex GMT2C at one stage :p

P1030379.jpg

Yep i like watches

That is a stunning collection. Really stunning. :eek:

Excellent taste.

That is a stunning collection. Really stunning. :eek:

Excellent taste.

Well its just the Sub-C, the new Exp 2 and the IWC Portuguese at the moment, the others came and in went in the build up to this,

looking back on the pics there are a few there that id love to have again, the IWC 3227 is a future classic and mine was a minter, the Panerai 380 is excellent value as Panerai go and sits very nicely on the wrist for a big watch and i also had a soft spot for the breitling blackbird,

I think i can justify one more in, then need to stop buying and selling for a little while :)

Glad that you liked them

Yes, damn critters.. had to warranty the unit!

And yes.. we still host the OcUK Forums :)

Hi to all those who've said Hi too :)

nice, well good to see you back, what are you driving these days? I remember you had a rather nice TVR (my user name was Paras back then).

Cyrus - lovely set of watches you have there. I would like a IWC at some point in time.

Well its just the Sub-C, the new Exp 2 and the IWC Portuguese at the moment, the others came and in went in the build up to this,

looking back on the pics there are a few there that id love to have again, the IWC 3227 is a future classic and mine was a minter, the Panerai 380 is excellent value as Panerai go and sits very nicely on the wrist for a big watch and i also had a soft spot for the breitling blackbird,

I think i can justify one more in, then need to stop buying and selling for a little while :)

Glad that you liked them

Interesting, Cyrus. How much would you say you gain/lose overall (if anything) when buying and selling the watches?

Interesting, Cyrus. How much would you say you gain/lose overall (if anything) when buying and selling the watches?

my main gains or losses tend to come on the fluctuations between stg and € (im in ireland)

all the watches i have at the moment i bought new, most of the rest were bought in mint condition pre owned on tz-uk, generally if you buy right you can resell at the same price,

of watches bought new, paneral and rolex hold their value best :)

overall i wouldnt be much more than £500 down on buying and selling all of the watches listed

If you pop over to motors you'll see (or check my sig!)
Paras - The trainee Dr (or no longer trainee!)

Yep thats me, after a year of working I decided its not for me, so I went back to doing what I am good at.

F40, I did not expect anything less lol, that must be fun around the streets of London!

Love the IWC Portuguese - I have an Aquatimer that I'd love to trade for one sometime.

I was in Brussels a couple of weeks ago, and spent ages drooling at the Lange and Sohn watches in a dealer's window there, alongside Patek Phillipes etc. All way beyond my budget, alas.

I really dislike the watch snob and that statement proves that he is only interested in image.

Surely it demonstrates the opposite given that the three brands mentioned are much more prominent in the minds of most people as far as watches are concerned.

Though I do agree, he is a bit annoying if you take everything he says at face value. Lots of it seems to be fairly obvious trolling though there is some truth beneath some of the satire.

Back
Top Bottom