What watch do you wear?

Hi All,

It was recently my birthday and I got given some money, and have been deciding on what to spend it on, was thinking a watch would be a nice piece just for sentimental value, rather than spending it on clothes or the car

I really like Tag watches, however I just can't justify the price tag, I dont wear watches, and haven't done all my life, but i reckon I could get used to it without having to check my phone all the time.

I dont like metal straps, much prefer a brown leather one, a face that looks pretty sturdy, but I have small wrists so the oversized TW steel ones would look silly, however thats the style which I like.

What suggestions are there? budget of roughly £150?

Edit -

I did put £150, but reading a few other forums Im a member of Id need to at least double that and aim for quality like a Tissot?

Really like the style of TW steel - I don't want to buy a fashion watch either, I want it to look nice as I'll be spending birthday money on it - OK its not Breitling territory lol but any brands for 1/10th of the price? lol

currently obsessed with this hamilton following on with my madmen viewing! Just loving it's vintage look.
shame it's £730 for the 38mm version though...

hm.jpg

hm3.jpg

hm2.jpg

Is this rolex real? It belonged to my late father, and there are some documents with it. I think it's a datejust from the 1970's or early 80's.

I ask because most I've seen have Rolex branded on the linkage at the bottom, but this doesn't?

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7725/img2320f.jpg
[IMG]http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/7508/img2319sq.jpg[/QUOTE]

Wow that bracelet is streeeeeeeeeetched!

:cool:

Who delivered it? I have a card left by Royal Mail with the "special delivery" box ticked on it. I'm hoping it's the watch!

Not sure, it was left with the receptionist at work - says Deutsche post on the front, as you'd expect.

So happy with it :)

Looks a little silly with black belt/shoes at work, though.

Got it! Roland even threw in a tan strap. Certainly makes it more versatile now that I have a blue, brown and black strap!

433990b9.jpg

I'm very impressed with the overall quality and appearance for the watch, especially for a smidge over £200.

A chap by the name of Roland Kemmner sells watches occasionally on eBay. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to what he sells. I've been told if you see something you like that you must grab it since it may never appear again!
Roland, yeah have a few of his. He's an independent watchmaker. He used to work for the German manufacturer Fricker (they make watch cases etc for branded firms like Sinn, Oris). He works a lot with the UK independent Eddie Platts of Timefactors with the Precista brand. Both great guys to deal with and fantastic watches at realistic prices.
Herr Kemmner tends to make small batches with a few variations, he will even customise hands etc upon request. And as you say once it's gone it's gone. He has quite a following and some models hold their money very well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom