What watch do you wear?

The Mrs has bought me a watch for Christmas. I can't wait to get it. I have seen it, as she was bricking it I wouldn't like it. It's a Longines Masters Collection, beautiful thing.

The thing is, I need a good everyday watch, like that Tissot, or a Seiko, or something I don't mind wearing and not thinking about it.

Any recommendations? Big faced ones, as I have broad wrists.

I have 8" wrists and these two fit just nicely and do not cost the earth.
1 is a Steinhart, 2 is a RLT.

jbiEE28L5XyB8j.jpg

DSCF0804.jpg

i like the steinhart, im after a Seiko 5 of some description for work etc and then a nice dress watch for my more formal occasions. i think im bitten by the bug and the missus hates it. in her opinion there is no need for more than one watch..... woman!

For the past 5 years or so, I stopped wearing watches. I just used my phone. Now I have a need for a watch as require it for timing during sport. I wanted something sporty with digital functions that kind of still looked ok when going out and went with everything, plus maybe a bit funky/retro. I went with a white Casio G-Shock. I went for a 5600 series as I prefer the style and also the smaller size. (Sorry for blurred phone pics). Kind of liking the various 5600 G-Shocks out there. I've seen a couple of very extravagant colours like luminous or glossy red, but thought white was both cool and not "too" cool when out and about in evenings.

2012-10-04%252020.59.09.jpg

2012-10-04%252020.59.59.jpg

Also found this round my old mans the other day. Proper original 80s Casio. :)

2012-10-07%252013.13.0812.jpg

Last edited:
Wanted a nice swiss automatic, day to day watch. I was'nt really sure I wanted a stainless strap as tbh a lot do look the same in my eyes. So decided to plunge for a nice leather strap one.

Christopher Ward C5 Malvern MK II Brown strap with a nice simple silver dial. I like it.

I'm not very good with pics but you get the drift :)

It was this or the C9 Harrison auto, but that was a little more than I wanted to spend, I'm planning to have a think over the weekend about it tho and pondering which I would like the most, any info and comments would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
Just going back to my recent post and bumping this a little, does anyone have any experience with the christopher ward c9 harrison auto? Im debating on getting this and returning the c5 malvern mk II, Is it worth the extra £125? I really like the thought of it being a little bigger...

Where do people buy online that's trusted and safe ?

The watch hut is where i got mine from, Tissot PRS615.
They seem to get a lot of good reviews and i had no issue at all with them, authorized reseller for a lot of there brands so warranty isn't an issue and they have a good range as well.

Really good finance options is a bonus if that is what your after and delivery is really fast as well.

After a long weekend of pondering which watch to get I took the dive and got the C9 Harrison Auto :) Decided to send the C5 Malvern MK II back, although was a lovely watch too. If i'm honest the extra cash was hard to part with but well worth it after seeing it in the flesh. Think this one fits my wrist better as I do have slightly large wrists/hands. Really pleased with the purchase :)

photo10dz.jpg

photo11nj.jpg

photo9gf.jpg

photo7cb.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom