What watch do you wear?

I feel like treating myself for my birthday this month and I'm looking to spend around £500 on a nice watch. Nothing too dressy as it'd only rarely see any use that way, I'm looking for something I can wear all week for all occasions.

Had my eye on the Christopher Ward C11 Black Manta, but can I get something much better for the price or slightly more? I know watches are a subjective thing but a lot of posters in here know much more than I do.

I'd also look at magrette and halios
http://www.magrette.eu/web-store (unfortunately regattare 2011 is OOS)
http://halioswatches.com/watches/ - laguna

well i just managed to pick up a watch on another forum, and i am soo happy with this purchase, for those of you that know what this watch is about, have a look at the pics ;)

for those who dont, then read on,

Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT Pan Am Limited Edition

This is the homage watch made by Steinhart, to celebrate the Rolex Pan Am GMT, It was made for the Dutch watch forum Horlogeforum.nl, after careful selection by its forum members. It is a limited edition of 40 watches, this being No26, and is only one of 3 within the 40, with the plexi-glass fitted. It has Old Radium Superluminova so is luminous and it is the ETA 2893-2 GMT caliber automatic movement

rFFN8.jpg

j7AJ3.jpg

W201A.jpg

I think the time has come to move on my IWC Aquatimer as I'm moving away from sports watches - I've had a quote from Watchfinder for it, but hope to do better. Anyone have any better suggestions of places to sell it ?

Yeah it's pretty easy, spring bars are pretty weak in general, and if you were your watch loose they're going to die. But they're so cheap it doesn't really matter :p Although you can wear your lug holes down (That's from loose wearing not replacing).

as below, repost if you have no connection with the company

Cheers. :) Is it possible to replace the spring bars with stronger ones but keep the same strap?

I've been working on this...

The problem is that Orient use 1.6mm diameter spring bars (and 1.6 seems to be custom made or something as I can't find them online) which I bent going down a waterslide

The only other standard diameter that would fit the strap are 1.5mm

I ordered the next standard size up, four 1.8mm spring bars (£1 from the bay) and they barely just don't fit in the strap by .05mm without the hole on the strap being bored/reamed out.

So I took it to a jewelers who sent it to a watch repair place and it seems they just put on 1.5mm spring bars and charged me £12.50 for the privilege :(

I might be wrong but it seems like an engineer firm would need to carefully bore out the strap unless there are ideally 1.75mm spring bars out there

Last edited:
I've been working on this...

The problem is that Orient use 1.6mm diameter spring bars (and 1.6 seems to be custom made or something as I can't find them online) which I bent going down a waterslide

The only other standard diameter that would fit the strap are 1.5mm

I ordered the next standard size up, four 1.8mm spring bars (£1 from the bay) and they barely just don't fit in the strap by .05mm without the hole on the strap being bored/reamed out.

So I took it to a jewelers who sent it to a watch repair place and it seems they just put on 1.5mm spring bars and charged me £12.50 for the privilege :(

I might be wrong but it seems like an engineer firm would need to carefully bore out the strap unless there are ideally 1.75mm spring bars out there
From the link monkey00 posted earlier, http://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/10/1812/2324.aspx, are those any good? :)

Back
Top Bottom