What watch do you wear?

eiont.jpg

Vestal Destroyer

Generally dont wear a watch but thought Id get one for an event I was running and pulling my phone out every 5 mins to check the time wouldnt be such a good idea.

Bought it from Watchismo and when it arrived was fairly disappointed as it was cheap plastic. The face scratched within a day and not really worn it since.

Said it was a quartz face but felt plastic, managed to "T-Cut" the face back to normal with some Meguairs Plastix compound so again backs up my thoughts on the plastic nature of construction.

Would like a watch that synced with my phone so I could see alerts, emails, texts, who's calling etc - bit like Pebble but available now.

Looking to buy an Omega Seamaster Chrono Co-Axial Pro 300m (blue one with blue steel bezel) , any ideas on the best price or place , home or overseas, to get one at a good price ??

Took my watch in for a repair at the weekend as the calibration seems to be messed up. Got quoted £135 + 10 P&P :eek:

I can't actually decide if I want it doing now. It's a Tissot Silen-T -
T2dNN.png

I don't have any visual problems, I was just a fan of the chunky bezel when I picked it up 6 years ago.

Anyone got any thoughts on cheaper repair/don't bother? There is no physical damage to the watch, it is just one of those things that happens apparently and it needs a service. :o

Ok guys, I wear an Omega Seamaster Quartz for my everyday and am looking for something a bit more "one-off" for around £2k USED. I am also after an Omega for my good wife.

Would you say the best place to buy used is Blowers? Or is there anywhere else? Also what watch do you think i should go for?

:)

Blowers is a bit pricey but so are most dealers, best to decide on what you want first

£2k is an awkward price point if you want something a little "one off" maybe a Bell & Ross thought hte styles are quite distinctive and wont suit everyone

Looking to buy an Omega Seamaster Chrono Co-Axial Pro 300m (blue one with blue steel bezel) , any ideas on the best price or place , home or overseas, to get one at a good price ??

new ? just try a few main dealers (outside of the big chains) if you go in prepared to buy on spot you should get 15-20% off, many won't discuss on phone/web though

Cheers Rotty, Yep a new one , I will be travelling quite a bit, US and Far East, in the very near future so if you hear of any good deals abroad I would be only too pleased to hear about it

Whats the expert thoughts on this watch?

Raymond Weil Traditional Watch 5476-ST-00207 - £199

Not sure on the watch, might have to DSR it if i dont like it. Is it actually properly discounted or is a bit of a con. Says RRP was £500, so a good £300 saving but i dont know jack **** about watches.

kdtzme.jpg

Casio G Shock 6900 Military Black

Whats the expert thoughts on this watch?

Raymond Weil Traditional Watch 5476-ST-00207 - £199

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/547620st2000207.jpg/

Not sure on the watch, might have to DSR it if i dont like it. Is it actually properly discounted or is a bit of a con. Says RRP was £500, so a good £300 saving but i dont know jack **** about watches.

unusual date placement. It's a quartz. from an established brand, but £200 seems ok. I'd rather get this than e.g. a rado or omega quartz for £1k+

unusual date placement. It's a quartz. from an established brand, but £200 seems ok. I'd rather get this than e.g. a rado or omega quartz for £1k+

Cheers, was on sale and an impulse buy as it was cheap.

I think they may have exaggerated saving as can be bought for much less than £500 online, but still a decent saving.

Some of you on here may find this interesting:

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2012/george-daniels-so-l12313/lots.list.1.html

It's the items and results of the George Daniels collection which was recently sold at Sothebys. All his timepieces were totally handmade by him, although the auction has some commercial items he bought. Lot 9 is probably the highlight!
He was considered one of THE great watchmakers ever and his work is incredible.

I was lucky enough to have him sign a copy of his book for me shortly before he died.

Back
Top Bottom